Anyone want to try out the R41 Razor?

I shaved with the Futur at 6 on my first attempt with nothing but the usual scrapes one would expect from a new razor. Hopefully this means I can handle the R41!

Judging by this account and the howls coming from within, I think maybe she needs you next @Shred

I probably should add I then tried the same thing at a later date with an Astra SS and I'm still bearing the scars!

I probably should add I then tried the same thing at a later date with an Astra SS and I'm still bearing the scars!
Shhh. Don't show any fear... IT might hear you...

Futur @ 6...that is putitng the wide in wide open. The R41 is somewhat unique in that the cap seems set so far back from the blade...not much support. How does the Futur compare on that score?

Yep. Lots of blade chatter above 3.5 on the Futur. But no idea how it compares to the R41.

Thought I had my name down somewhere to try this, guess it's in another tread, as I'm unable to find it here.

Thought I had my name down somewhere to try this, guess it's in another tread, as I'm unable to find it here.
It's heading down to Melbourne as of tomorrow, but will come back up here to Sydney. Before heading home out west. You're in Sydney right?

If you're interested you have to PM @JugsV2

Alrighty, the Zen or is it Banshee 2011 R41 is on it's way to @Shred - tracking ID R241891006037015

Meanwhile HUGE thanks to @JugV2 for this pass around. (y) I, for one, really appreciate it. It's certainly opened my eyes to the fact that aggressive doesn't have to mean lethal. A great shave with the R41 and I see a 2013 model in my 2014.

Alrighty, the Zen or is it Banshee 2011 R41 is on it's way to @Shred - tracking ID R241891006037015

Meanwhile HUGE thanks to @JugV2 for this pass around. (y) I, for one, really appreciate it. It's certainly opened my eyes to the fact that aggressive doesn't have to mean lethal. A great shave with the R41 and I see a 2013 model in my 2014.
Thanks mate, glad to hear you liked it.

I'll be happy to get it back finally. My Progress is starting to lose some chrome plating where the head slots on, so it might be time to retire the old girl and go back to R41 Bloodletter.

@JugV2 shirly you can get it replated ?

JugV2's baby arrived today. I'll give a whirl on Sunday and perhaps early next week. Then she'll be on a her way back home.

I think Borked wants a spin too mate.

@borked are you still up for this?
Oh. Did not know. No probs. I'll be sending it somewhere early to mid next week.

Beside some epidermis, what is there to lose ?

Several litres of blood, any bumps on your face like nose lips and chin. Apart from that all is good with it. :)
Blood letting has a healthy tradition in the medical journals and as for bumps, losing them will improve your complexion.
Guess those before me now appear 10-15 years younger...