Anyone want to try out the R41 Razor?

I would want a sharp blade in and ensure that you use no pressure. A Derby or Merkur you will feel you have to drag around your face - that is where the problem starts!

Kinda wish I had a 2011 R41 sometimes ...

Not sure. @JugV2 , mate, who's next in line after me - or is it about due for a spell at home for refuelling?
I'd have to re-read the thread to find out whom is next.
I guess it's been over six months already, I don't want to have to ship it out again I would rather everyone who wants a shot try it this time round.
@Shred PM me your contact details please and consider yourself on the list.

Jugs...I haveyour old EJ89 sitting in the drawer if you want to change up your rotation while the R41 gallivants around.

No word from Stills today. Perhaps the R41 bagged him!

Jugs...I haveyour old EJ89 sitting in the drawer if you want to change up your rotation while the R41 gallivants around.

No word from Stills today. Perhaps the R41 bagged him!
Syd you are as generous as you are tall and rugged.
I do still have my Progress, TTO Krona, and several "user grade" ragamuffins I bagged in a firesale.
I also have a chunk of broken glass that substitutes well for the R41 in a pinch.

Gotta say, I'm 24 hours on from yesterday's shave with @JugV2 's R41 and I'm feeling the least amount of stubble ever - less hair there than my closest ever 4-pass BBS 24-hours on, and I only executed a 2-pass XTG with the Bloodletter! I know, I know, probably just down to beginner's luck but, man, what a shave!!! In my Top Three DEFINITELY!

I'm now in the market for an R41 of my own. Might get a 2013 model though….:cautious:

Big thanks, @JugV2 's for your charity in having this razor away from home. I have seen the light my friend and it is good.

I've tried one (2011 version) and it was great - certainly a close shave - but just too unforgiving for me if I lost concentration.

The 2013 is meant to be closer to the 2011 than the 2012 so give it a go!

I've tried one (2011 version) and it was great - certainly a close shave - but just too unforgiving for me if I lost concentration.
Now that's Zen Shaving, @Marlow would be proud.

The 2013 is meant to be closer to the 2011 than the 2012 so give it a go!
I like what you did there. Only a couple of months ago, I would have spent four hours stuck in a research vortex trying to cast light on this year difference. :oops:

This model was the 2011 BloodLetter.

Is anyone next in this or is that everyone?

I'll give it a go seeing as Stillsy has tamed the beast... I'll be very quick on the turnaround. One or two shaves will be fine for me.

(I note that @Shred posted last month that he was keen to try. We may be the only ones left.)

I'll give it a go seeing as Stillsy has tamed the beast... I'll be very quick on the turnaround. One or two shaves will be fine for me.

(I note that @Shred posted last month that he was keen to try. We may be the only ones left.)

The Zen Razor (a.k.a R41) is packed up and ready to go - just waiting to be addressed. I'll update once I receive word from @JugV2

So sad to see her go. Not only as she gave such a superb shave but also I actually kind of feel sorry for the high-pitched banshee screeching muffled slightly in the box. She wants for blood, and she is so hungry, especially as she got no satiation from me. Hope @filobiblic or the next guy is more considerate than I.

I shaved with the Futur at 6 on my first attempt with nothing but the usual scrapes one would expect from a new razor. Hopefully this means I can handle the R41!