Anyone want to try out the R41 Razor?

So is the R41 coming down to Melbourne then? If so, I might stick my hand up to have a crack.
Ewwww….happy for someone to use, wash, sanitise, rinse, repeat (repeatedly) the razor before it makes its way to me if this is @Mong.'s intent.
Hope the R41 aint too aggressive a rig, as even just the thought of being hand deep up a crack with any blade brings tears to my eyes.

It's the most aggressive thing out there apparently...prepare yourself! :eek:

You can go first though if I'm scaring you.

It's the most aggressive thing out there apparently...prepare yourself! :eek:

You can go first though if I'm scaring you.

Rape-Ewok-PREPARE-YOUR-ANUS.jpg

Just to get this back under some semblance of control:

Can we please post in thread who has it, whom you are sending it to next? Even if you want to PM me and I can update this thread.

It's a bit all over the place at the moment; @gthomas04 has it now and giving it to @Monsta_AU nexr.

oh and @SmallYetDeadly that picture is piss funny.

GT has it, I am grabbing it for some Thomas Method (TM) practice this weekend. I will be posting it off late next week to...... someone.

Just to get this back under some semblance of control
…sorry mate, my bad. But the opening was too inviting. And jeez that picture @SmallYetDeadly….laughed too loud I had to explain it to the missus.

Now I'm a little scared about the R41…but I'm still keen to give it a go.

Ok people the R41 is now in the tender care of @Monsta_AU who was kind enough to drop off a sample of the shaving cream we are all meant to be reviewing as my sample never made it. For that I thank him, and for his interesting insights into the background of this board and some of its inhabitants.

Ok people the R41 is now in the tender care of @Monsta_AU

It's horrible and nasty. And if it was mine I would make sure it shaved nobody ever again.

[He was] kind enough to drop off a sample of the shaving cream we are all meant to be reviewing as my sample never made it. For that I thank him, and for his interesting insights into the background of this board and some of its inhabitants.

Was nice to have a chat. Hopefully you get some good shaves out of the Lavender and Vetiver.

It's interesting seeing the reactions and experiences thus far.
I was able to get a good result on the cheeks and neck, just not on the jawline in between. Even now after 24 hours I have the barest of stubble on my cheeks and neck where I was able to use it, so from that perspective the performance of the razor is 10/10 excellent.

Usability on the other hand - certainly not user friendly. The idea is good, just needs a slight change in the way the comb is designed and you would take 8-% of the aggro out of it while not compromising on performance very much. I also found it out of balance which also impacted on trying to get it to work. The hollow handle needs more weight in my book - maybe replacement with a solid bulldog handle.

I think the fact that the next production run of these were not as aggressive says it all really. But the comb design is brilliant.

What, you've met Glenn? Is he as mad in real life as he appears here?
I think RM's parting words were how pleasant it was to spend time with such a scholarly and erudite gentleman. (I got home 10 minutes later and had to kick the rotten impostor out, made me so stressed I almost forgot the blue pills with purple stripes - and that would have been bad news).

It's interesting seeing the reactions and experiences thus far.

Not that surprising when a woodworking tool gets dressed up as a gentlemans shaving apparatus!

It is undeniably effective but the user friendliness is pretty low.

I'm not sure the heavier handle would help it Monsta - I reckon that could just give the thing enough weight over all to want to bite more.

The best part is Juggy is probably going to slice himself to pieces when the R41 finally gets back to him!

Not that surprising when a woodworking tool gets dressed up as a gentlemans shaving apparatus!

It is undeniably effective but the user friendliness is pretty low.

I'm not sure the heavier handle would help it Monsta - I reckon that could just give the thing enough weight over all to want to bite more.

The best part is Juggy is probably going to slice himself to pieces when the R41 finally gets back to him!
I'm missing it to be honest, and can't get as good a shave without it. I guess I am just used to it, I used it exclusively for some time so I am pretty proficient with it. I completely understand other peoples' experiences with it, a single week use isn't really enough to get to know it.

I'd suggest it's still safer than a straight so I imagine you can get pretty quick/proficient with enough practice

I'd suggest it's still safer than a straight so I imagine you can get pretty quick/proficient with enough practice