Anyone want to try out the R41 Razor?

This is just a stitch up innit?

Cut my beautiful face up and stitch me on the postage to Mt Druitt!

I'll be around Ossie Park most of the time PJ. Just give me a hoy about catching up.

Shall I post it to you instead? Maybe not. I'd like to see that "beautiful" face of yours unblemished for the last time.

Oh that's right they write the address on a tag and put around their necks now.

I watched the Mantic59 youtube on this razor.

He does a three pass shave...why, I don't know.

The speed at which he throws the razor around his face is staggering. He ends up with nicks all over his mug and no wonder. I don't know what blade he is using either.

I did have a few nicks and cuts when I first used this as it took a bit of getting used to an aggressive razor like this after using my Progress for so long but bloody hell have some respect for your skin!

Unless you're using a very mild razor there is no reason at all you would go so fast in the manner he does.

Asking for trouble and showing off.

Side note - he has horrible skin too.

After a couple of shaves the R41 used careful is great but no margin for error - that was my concern.

I have possession of the device.

The slightly crazed laughter emanating from PJ's vehicle as he drove away has me slightly concerned!

Sorry can't elaborate further.
You know, gentleman mates's rules and all.

[fixed that for you before the mods see and you get banned]

Last edited by a moderator:
As I grasped the silvered tool, my hands shook. Visions of mocking deaths heads, a cloven hoofed and behorned Jugsworth spiralled in front of me...sweat popped on my brow.

What could possibly tame this barbaric tool?

Short of breath I opened the cupboard, what's that? A whiff of sweet, sanity restoring citrus! A calming, welcoming face in my time of need - ARKO! Man. I relaxed, evil thoughts banished, knowing all would be well while ARKO! was by my side.

NB- This preview may or may not have been brought to you with assisstance from the same pharmacologists servicing a notable P&C member.

Had a lash this morning with a fresh Derby and Arko in the R41. Certainly a different razor than I have used before. The cap design and "safety" comb seems to give the edge a fair bit of wiggle room rather than holding it rigid. When the angle wasn't quite right or the whisker density climbed you could feel it was itching to bite - a sharper blade would probably give a better result in this regard but then the bite will be that much deeper if it arrives!

I let discretion take the better part of valour and finished the goatee area with my slim on the first pass after noting this feel. Second pass I started to get the angle better and with the main reduction done I got the goatee and 'stache area done with the R41 taking some care. Perhaps it is no coincdence Juggy sports a goatee at present I believe?

Third pass was a mix of ATG on the easy spots and a different direction XTG for the trickier bits.

A really close shave on offer with the R41. It seems perhaps best suited to daily shaving where excessive beard length is not going to torque the blade. You need to take care and use a light touch, I'm guessing it might be a similar experience to a shavette? I'll have a couple more goes and then maybe try something a bit sharper in it 7OC Black or a PSS maybe. Then it's on to the illustrious GT!

That's some good feedback there SYD.

I found the 7OC Black to be outstanding in this razor, also the Voskhod does a good job. The weight and feel is really good and it lets you know instantly if you are going a bit close to the wind or not.

With the head being heavy, you're spot on with the light touch remark. Not for throwing around your face mantically. I've found this is a good razor for the Monday morning after a three day hiatus from shaving, it mows down like a turbo charged HoverMo.

For sure you can mow it down but it's a risk/reward scenario I will be avoiding during my short trial :) No doubt lots of practice gets the skill and confidence up.

This thing made my Slim @ 7 with a spoiler in it feel like a Krona.

Yeah when I say throw it around your face or mow it down, I'm talking about that after using it for a long time and being familiar with it.

This razor is the reason I can't settle for a normal Progress or Bakelite. It's just too mild and I need to feel the blade on my skin.