Anyone want to try out the R41 Razor?

Yeah when I say throw it around your face or mow it down, I'm talking about that after using it for a long time and being familiar with it.

This razor is the reason I can't settle for a normal Progress or Bakelite. It's just too mild and I need to feel the blade on my skin.

Futur in your future?

Nothing against the Australian Real Estate industry whatsoever. I can assure you it's light years ahead of the equivalent in any other country I've lived in.

What does worry me is emo Jugster.

Nah emo is just pretentiousness. People who couldn't find decent music and trends to follow.
I have three tatts and five piercings.

Second effort, much easier this time around, I performed the whole shave with just the R41. I had the angle better most of the time and its urge to slash me was confined to a few moments on the jawline and chin. Pressure could still use some work as I was a bit heavy handed with it in places I think.

I'll swap blades next shave and see how something sharper goes. At this stage I think the extra care required would put me off this one as an everyday razor but for those of us who like to have things it would be a good change up to have in the arsenal. Buying second hand for cheap off someone who is dicing themselves up with one would be the go :)

Had a crack with Permasharp Super.

Getting more confident with the razor so my first cut is undoubtedly just a shave away.

My neck is starting to show some ill effect from closer than usual shaves in that region so my gut feel that I'm a bit heavy handed is probably bearing out.

It really is a bit of a weapon! Feels dangerous, similarly to a straight, in a way that the SE never did.

I wouldn't mind trying this, if GT does not mind sending it to another Sydneysider and there's another Sydneysider lined up after me that would like to try it.
Might as well, try and keep postage/travel times to a minimum :)

Say... if I was a masochist, and actually wanted to buy one of these WMD's where is the best place (preferably AU) to buy one?

But where is the sense of adventure in that?

How would it compare to a Merkur slant HD loaded with a feather? I have no problems whipping that around my face...

But where is the sense of adventure in that?

How would it compare to a Merkur slant HD loaded with a feather? I have no problems whipping that around my face...
I've not used a slant before so I can't really say.
It sounds dangerous though, so you probably have a good technique and are used to letting the head do the work.
You would probably be fine with it.
Worst case, you end up filming a series of videos and uploading them to YouTube showing your speedy slicing of your neck and face.

Using the R41 it takes me around 5 minutes to shave with a double pass.