2024 Shaving Acquisitions Thread

I've got a 26mm boti UNBLEACHED knot on the way.

Do you find any issues with splaying the 26mm with a relatively low loft of 54mm?

I do like a boar scrub but I also want it to splay nicely, without much pressure.
I find no problem whatsover regarding it splaying. I did however install the knot using silicone seal, just in case I need to pull it out and any adjustments need to be made.

Houken 66: 13/16 Yasuki steel, half hollow.

6jrUfBY.jpg

I find no problem whatsover regarding it splaying. I did however install the knot using silicone seal, just in case I need to pull it out and any adjustments need to be made.
Just a word of warning: sometimes that silicone just does not give that knot up. I've had a few brushes where I've had to resort to destructive means to extract a silicone-mounted knot...

Just a word of warning: sometimes that silicone just does not give that knot up. I've had a few brushes where I've had to resort to destructive means to extract a silicone-mounted knot...
Perhaps I should have clarified that I only use a drop of silicone less than the size of a pea for testing purposes. I can then remove the knot simply by twisting and pulling. I have never had a problem using this method. There are times where I may need to add or subtract a coin in order to adjust the loft before the final installation.

I love using this razor. It’s the only Italian razor in my collection. A 7/8 full hollow. It was made by Nicola Mastropietro (1877-1973) in Campobasso, Italy around 1900. Nicola was a well-known cutler affectionately nicknamed by the locals, “The Poet of Steel”.

Last month my wife asked me, “what do you want for your birthday”? So, I sent it to Dion at DC Blades for new scales (Black/Red G10). Just got it back late Friday.

To compliment it, @TroyTools made a Black/Red handle for me.

B-day3.jpg

1909 newspaper ad:
05-pubblicita1909.webp

I love using this razor. It’s the only Italian razor in my collection. A 7/8 full hollow. It was made by Nicola Mastropietro (1877-1973) in Campobasso, Italy around 1900. Nicola was a well-known cutler affectionately nicknamed by the locals, “The Poet of Steel”.

Last month my wife asked me, “what do you want for your birthday”? So, I sent it to Dion at DC Blades for new scales (Black/Red G10). Just got it back late Friday.

B-day3.jpg

1909 newspaper ad:
05-pubblicita1909.webp
That is a beautiful pairing. Reminds me somewhat of Ferrari, but with more class. Well done everybody, and happy birthday @Phil Harmonica :D

B-day3.jpg

1909 newspaper ad:
05-pubblicita1909.webp
Wow - beautiful!