2024 Shaving Acquisitions Thread

SpeedyPC

NEEDS more soaps ...
Grand Society
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
Mail call, didn’t know yesterday arrival at the parcel locker. Pretty quick from Victoria.

IMG-1285.jpg

PXL-20240111-031706819-PORTRAIT.jpg

@SpeedyPC gave me the heads-up that the 5oz version of this is now available directly from Stirling. As I wasn't too keen on bothering with international mail just for one tub, I was happy when Cary Grant listed the 3oz version on the Artisan Arcade catalogue. I had wondered if the lavender EO was the same that goes into the fabled Bergamot Lavender, and it is. Almost identical to the Castle Forbes lav scent, which is a good thing. (y)

The seller accepted my offer last weekend and I received this Le Grelot 193 6/8 full hollow "ROYAL CANADA" around noon today. Spent a couple of hours cleaning & polishing and I am happy with the results. I wanted to retain the gold wash so I applied clear nail polish to it before getting in to it. When I finished, a bit of nail polish remover (acetone) removed the polish without damaging the gold wash. Tomorrow I will set the bevel and run it through the stones. Hoping to shave with it Saturday morning. Here are the before (seller's photo) and after photos.

Before
LG.jpg

After
LG2.jpg

The seller accepted my offer last weekend and I received this Le Grelot 193 6/8 full hollow "ROYAL CANADA" around noon today. Spent a couple of hours cleaning & polishing and I am happy with the results. I wanted to retain the gold wash so I applied clear nail polish to it before getting in to it. When I finished, a bit of nail polish remover (acetone) removed the polish without damaging the gold wash. Tomorrow I will set the bevel and run it through the stones. Hoping to shave with it Saturday morning. Here are the before (seller's photo) and after photos.

Before
LG.jpg

After
LG2.jpg
Great razor, nice job!

Before
LG.jpg

After
LG2.jpg
A lovely job. You have done yourself proud.

PXL-20240112-064725338-PORTRAIT-ORIGINAL.jpg

When @Pbgoose offered to send some of his famous Smokey Lavender soap, I was expecting just a sample to whet my appetite, knowing that I'm a lavender man through and through. Opening this package to find a whole, virgin tub of glorious scented soap was a delight. Many thanks for your generosity @Pbgoose, I think this soap is a winner already. (y)

Troycraft "Ghost Blue Opal" with 26mm Boti Boar set at 54mm.
GBO.jpg

I've got a 26mm boti UNBLEACHED knot on the way.

Do you find any issues with splaying the 26mm with a relatively low loft of 54mm?

I do like a boar scrub but I also want it to splay nicely, without much pressure.

Received 600 (*yellow tuck) BIC chrome platinum blades added to my stash.

The total now stands at 4500.
Plus 600 Wizamet.
I think I'm done with blades for my lifetime.

*I've come to find out that the yellow tuck BIC could be discontinued and now NOS.

I used the current production orange tuck version and disliked them a lot!
They are NOTHING like the yellow tuck!
I'm so relieved my entire stash is yellow tuck.