The finished products sticky

ohno.jpg

...a minute's silence. Maybe I should spend a few weeks wearing a black veil before tapping into the remainder of my stash:

PXL-20230214-005215237-PORTRAIT.jpg

Hey, I just noticed this is the 1,000th post in this thread... :D

So what will you do with the bowl?

Certainly seem too good to throw out.

So what will you do with the bowl?

Certainly seem too good to throw out.
My missus keeps mine for trinkets and jewellery.
I'll wait and see - if Madame doesn't commandeer it, I expect it'll just end up in my workshop. Some people sell them (or try to) at ridiculous prices, but I'm not going to get into that. If anyone here wants it, just say the word.

I'll wait and see - if Madame doesn't commandeer it, I expect it'll just end up in my workshop. Some people sell them (or try to) at ridiculous prices, but I'm not going to get into that. If anyone here wants it, just say the word.
I don't understand people buying for big money. You can get them those bowls cheap on Aliexpress.

I don't understand people buying for big money. You can get them those bowls cheap on Aliexpress.
Well, I guess there's always the famous label. But the bowl itself is nothing special, there's no finish on it. It was never intended to be refilled, as the soap is pressed under that ridge so it doesn't come out.

Same with Rolexes I believe ...

Well, I guess there's always the famous label. But the bowl itself is nothing special, there's no finish on it. It was never intended to be refilled, as the soap is pressed under that ridge so it doesn't come out.

... the famous label and the sense of history and connection with the past, just the vibe of the thing really!

I've put this one in my cart and then deleted it so many times, I'd probably have bought 50 tubs by now.
It's just about the only NO soap I have never considered. I've really enjoyed some of their other products. But heavy on the patchouli, an absolute no-no... :rolleyes:

It's just about the only NO soap I have never considered. I've really enjoyed some of their other products. But heavy on the patchouli, an absolute no-no... :rolleyes:
If it's heavy with Patchouli then I'll give it a miss.

I'm also looking at Logbook but Beard and Blade are out of the splash.

What did you think of Neon Sun?

I've put this one in my cart and then deleted it so many times, I'd probably have bought 50 tubs by now.
It’s meh.
Kind of a regrettable buy in a way. I still have 2/3 of a splash which I think I like more than the soap.
After using Stirling mutton tallow today, I think my days of buying Noble otter are done.

It’s meh.
Kind of a regrettable buy in a way. I still have 2/3 of a splash which I think I like more than the soap.
After using Stirling mutton tallow today, I think my days of buying Noble otter are done.
I've been steering more towards Stirling myself for a while now. I'm actually using their Electric Sheep scent this week. Though I have to admit, it's a scent that you will either love or hate, there's no in between.

Their soap base is a really good perfomer at a very reasonable price.

And NFI why it’s posted the image in a second message. Who changed something?

Semogue BC Texugo officially finished. After using the 750 for a couple of weeks I tried it again this morning - I didn’t realise it was so bad! Poor thing won’t even make a lather anymore.

Still… I can’t remember what I paid for it, but it’s lathered every day for 6 years, that’s over 2000 shaves. RIP Texugo. You’ve been a faithful friend