Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Inspired by @Nanook and his copper pot episode, and encouraged by @TomG's admissions that he has a few - what are your worst shaving mistakes?

I know I've had a few, aftershave still on hands when you touch your eyes anyone?, but what are yours?

My worst that comes to mind was a few years ago using a cartridge while my brain was somehow disengaged. I managed a master cutting stroke along the plane of the blades rather than across, and sustained four deep parallel incisions in my jaw that bled like a stuck pig at the slightest touch for days. :rolleyes:

My worst that comes to mind was a few years ago using a cartridge while my brain was somehow disengaged. I managed a master cutting stroke along the plane of the blades rather than across, and sustained four deep parallel incisions in my jaw that bled like a stuck pig at the slightest touch for days. :rolleyes:

OUCH!

when I ‘like’ these posts l’m not suggesting that I like the outcome!

One of my earliest clangers was not learning how to lather soap properly. I had a good brush (D.R. Harris H3 Best Badger) and soap (D.R. Harris Arlington), but was grossly underloading and producing a pathetic bubbly foam with no slickness or protection whatsoever.

Thought id try a shave in the bath, the mrs reckons itll be relaxing after a long day with a drink.
Rinse the razor under the tap everytime and all those itty bitty little sharp whiskers get into all the wrong places and you have to shower anyway otherwise you sandpaper your corndog.

Yup, been there! One of those rare events that don't need doing again to check if the first time was actually a mistake.

1. dropping a brush, razor or straight - a real clanger especially if razor or scales get damaged
2. stretching the skin and then releasing while straight is still in contact - scrape became slice
3. changing a DE blade in the shower - still to this day do not know how I did it but ended up with a very nasty cut to the bone on thumb requiring ~5 x stitches - razor was a Futur clone and happened while removing the cap ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1. dropping a brush, razor or straight - a real clanger especially if razor or scales get damaged
2. stretching the skin and then releasing while straight is still in contact - scrape became slice
3. changing a DE blade in the shower - still to this day do not know how I did it but ended up with a very nasty cut to the bone on thumb requiring ~5 x stitches - razor was a Futur clone and happened while removing the cap ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ouch ouch ouch! Wincing as I read this.

Sounds like you may be nearly as accident-prone as I am. At least you're not operating chainsaws... :eek:

Selling stuff and then regretting it :cry:

I've moved on an item that has either become unobtanium/discontinued so can certainly relate. :banghead:

I'm a butter fingers the best of times and have been known to struggle loading/unloading a blade from a cap only to attempt self amputation and yes I've dropped a couple of razors with luckily only one being damaged but the seller did me a solid and sent out a replacement cap+base plate - it pays sometimes to buy 'premium' as Smart Helix honor the life time warrant of their razors!

Also had misadventures with the odd cart leaving a 3 or 5 line cut on the face and having to front up to school/work looking a dill (how I wish masks were mandatory that day). :doctor: