Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Slim (6)
Blade: Gillette Spoiler
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo
Soap: MdC Argumes

Vintage night tonight and what an interesting an eventful shave it was!!

I usually load brushes for around 30-60 sec but this time, but thanks to advice from @Rabid Badger, I
I reluctantly stopped at 10 seconds thinking there was now way in the world I had enough of a load…

Well I ended up with 3 good lathers plus a thin one which resulted in an excellent shave and proved to me that I was previously way overloading and then not adding enough water to get proper hydration (even though it looked like it had to me).

I cannot solely contribute the positive experience to the soap cos I was using the slim on a mild setting of 6 with the vintage spoiler, but nevertheless a very smooth shave, and the result was a very strong DFS.

I sure got a surprise when I added the EOL splash. It started with the normal alcohol burn that I love, but then it developed into a very strong different burn (like my face was on fire) that was slowly getting worse. Looked in the mirror and yep I was lit up red, I was getting concerned. After a couple of minutes, it began subsiding to the point where it was totally gone.

Very strange, and momentarily concerning but very satisfying….

50239484963_5028c1f078_b.jpg
so glad to hear that you had better success. Nice!

Supply + Schick P30
APR Fenchurch
Simpsons M6

I was considering selling this razor, but this morning's shave changed my mind. Loaded up with a brand new Schick P-30 blade the passes were totally effortless. It's weird because whilst it feels like it's not doing anything (i.e. silent and can't feel any cutting) after two effortless passes I am BBS, with zero irritation. This was the regular plate for anyone who is interested. I think that I used the blades that Supply supply last time and the Schick's are just so much better. The lather and scent from Fenchurch was awesome as always.​

Pre: Hot shower.
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo, Mild Plate
Blade: Gillette black
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.
Very enjoyable shave this evening.

Brush: Proraso Omega
Head: Headblade Moto
Face: Italian Barber Game Changer .84P
Blade: Gillette Nacet (5)
Soap: Cattie's Bubbles Irish Coffee
Pre: Shower + PAA Cube mentholated
Post: APR Escentials Restoration // Paco Rabanne Black XS cologne // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented Balm
ATG, XTG, ATG = DFS

Probably not the smartest idea to shave my head as the weather in the Nations Capital is forecast to be wet, windy with possible snow...? Brrr! :cool:

Great performance from the soap with added slickness from the Cube and menthol so feeling super fresh. Only let down was the blade as todays shave was super smooth but not as close as I'd expect from the Nacet? :unsure: Finished off with some Black XS, Serum and balm...

Have a great day and happy bidding!

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' (7)
Blade: Polsiver "Brown" (4)
Post-shave: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum splash
Fragrance: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum EDT

k3wl12al.jpg

Date:- 20 August 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Maseto Beehive 'Horn' Tuxedo Synth. 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Cannabliss Santal
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #13
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

Status
Not open for further replies.