Blade: German Wilkie
Brush: Yaqi Pony
Soap: BM Cheshire

50235445183_1410ef93c5_b.jpg

Date:- 17 August 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey" :love:
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #10
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

GOD!! Dammit, @StratMan are you a bloody P&C witch doctor? Dammit, All Things Nice. WARNING!! for those of you've ordered All Things Nice be prepared the smell is truly :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: as YMMV

Last edited:
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' (7)
Blade: Polsiver "Brown" (2)
Post-shave: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars balm
Fragrance: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars EDP

RCdkMYwl.jpg

IMG-20200817-223331.jpg

Brush: TF Custom Lime Green & Swirls Transparent 27mm Rhodium
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo 0.50mm Mild plate
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Soap: Catties Bubbles Irish Coffee
Pre: Shower + PAA Cube mentholated
Post: Mr Royal cologne // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented Balm
ATG, XTG, ATG = BBS :love:

It doesn't get better than this.... Happy shaves!

Monday‌ ‌08.017.20 ‌SOTD‌

hANRf67.jpg

Gillette ‘53 British Rocket Gold (Canada)
Personna‌ ‌Platinum‌ ‌Chrome‌ ‌Israeli‌ ‌Red‌
Shave Forge 24mm Ultra Density Silvertip Badger
Taylor of Old Bond Street Peppermint Shaving Cream

Taylor of Old Bond Street Aftershave Balm

c3F9aUm.jpg
That brush looks totally awesome! Fairly inexpensive too...

Hot shower. Bloom warwe from soap.
Razor: Wolfman WR2, SB 1.05 Gap, WRH7 Handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron – The Warden
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

Date:- 18 August 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Maseto 'Avatar' Tuxedo Synth. 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Squadron Soaps (Australian made) ~ Group Captain's Blend
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #11
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

Brush: Yaqi Mysterious Space 24mm Silvertip
Soap/Cream: Squadron Ace
Razor: Feather Artist Club SS Scotch Wood.
Blade: Schick Proline P30 (1)
Post-shave: Squadron Ace AS Splash / Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

Nice 2 pass + touchups BBS shave. The P30 blade was super smooth in the AC razor. Glad to have them back in stock. Yaqi silvertip knot is excellent. Very soft and dense.

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Slim (6)
Blade: Gillette Spoiler
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo
Soap: MdC Argumes

Vintage night tonight and what an interesting an eventful shave it was!!

I usually load brushes for around 30-60 sec but this time, but thanks to advice from @Rabid Badger, I
I reluctantly stopped at 10 seconds thinking there was now way in the world I had enough of a load…

Well I ended up with 3 good lathers plus a thin one which resulted in an excellent shave and proved to me that I was previously way overloading and then not adding enough water to get proper hydration (even though it looked like it had to me).

I cannot solely contribute the positive experience to the soap cos I was using the slim on a mild setting of 6 with the vintage spoiler, but nevertheless a very smooth shave, and the result was a very strong DFS.

I sure got a surprise when I added the EOL splash. It started with the normal alcohol burn that I love, but then it developed into a very strong different burn (like my face was on fire) that was slowly getting worse. Looked in the mirror and yep I was lit up red, I was getting concerned. After a couple of minutes, it began subsiding to the point where it was totally gone.

Very strange, and momentarily concerning but very satisfying….

50239484963_5028c1f078_b.jpg

I usually load brushes for around 30-60 sec but this time, but thanks to advice from @Rabid Badger, I
I reluctantly stopped at 10 seconds thinking there was now way in the world I had enough of a load…

Well I ended up with 3 good lathers plus a thin one which resulted in an excellent shave and proved to me that I was previously way overloading and then not adding enough water to get proper hydration (even though it looked like it had to me).

I cannot solely contribute the positive experience to the soap cos I was using the slim on a mild setting of 6 with the vintage spoiler, but nevertheless a very smooth shave, and the result was a very strong DFS.

I sure got a surprise when I added the EOL splash. It started with the normal alcohol burn that I love, but then it developed into a very strong different burn (like my face was on fire) that was slowly getting worse. Looked in the mirror and yep I was lit up red, I was getting concerned. After a couple of minutes, it began subsiding to the point where it was totally gone.

Not surprising. What is surprising is they did a splash with just EO lime? I learnt the hard way one night when I put some lime EO in a hot bath.......more than momentarily concerning ..........:ROFLMAO::X3::eek::banghead:
I love lime EO but now I know to take care with it.

@StratMan you load the brush how you like it and also your lather.

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Silvertip Badger 21mm
Soap:- NYC Winter Meetup 2017 - Madison Avenue
Razor:- Timeless .68 SB - Scalloped Head
Blade:- GSB(1)
Aftershave:- NYC Winter Meetup 2017 - Madison Avenue

paomviv.jpg

IMG-20200818-203904.jpg

Brush: TF Custom Clear/Yellow/Black 26mm 2 Band Finest
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo 0.85mm Aggressive plate
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)
Soap: Cattie's Bubbles Irish Coffee
Pre: Shower + PAA Cube mentholated
Post: APR Escentials Restoration // Paco Rabanne Black XS cologne // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented Balm
ATG, XTG, ATG = BBS :love:

It truly doesn't get better than this... Happy shaves!

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' (7)
Blade: Polsiver "Brown" (3)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire balm
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

Status
Not open for further replies.