Not open for further replies.
Pre: Warm Shower
Razor: JAWS
Blade: Wilkinson Sword
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Pony Knot
Soap: The Warden

Awesome shave, fantastic scent!!

49260959022_259ef97dfb_b.jpg

Well so far Operation White Christmas seems to be Operation WET Christmas - I blame our favourite Austrian, @alfredus

Oh well, we did see some nice gardens from the Upper Belvedere, where my wife saw "The Kiss" -

Xme03drl.jpg

and went to some Christmas markets -

PLFyf7wl.jpg

and consoled myself with some Austrian beers (when did my kids become old enough to drink?)-

ckmwfwrl.jpg

while enjoying a ... -

pfT78K9l.jpg

Life could be a whole lot worse ....

[speaking of which - praying for those affected by the fires :(]
Great photos, Captain Schnitzel!

pWy8rxq.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Meißner Tremonia Indian Flavour
Razor: UFO Tornado / Wolfman WR1
Blade: NOS Gillette Super Silver (5)
Scent: L'Occitane L'Homme Cedrat

A very close three-pass shave for a BBS result. The sharpness of the Super Silver blade is just on the edge of my comfort levels with the mid-agresssive WR1.

Mini-Review - Meißner Tremonia Indian Flavour Shaving Soap

This soap is a apricot colour, and quite firm. The scent strength is mid from the container, and remains mid-strength throughout the shave. I was not quite sure what to expect from the scent, given the description as 'Indian Flavour', and hoping it would not have a vindaloo-like effect on my skin ;),
I needn't have worried; it is a very pleasant and fragrant scent, with hints of incense, and slightly sweet cardamon amongst other spice notes.
The soap lathered quite easily, forming quite an airy proto-lather before settled to a denser, but still voluminous, final lather. The lather had good slickness, resulting in smooth razor glide. The residual slickness was respectable, and it had a very nice post shave feel.
In summary, a good soap that would appeal to fans of this style of scent.

pWy8rxq.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream

A very close three-pass shave for a BBS result. The sharpness of the Super Silver blade is just on the edge of my comfort levels with the mid-agresssive WR1.

This soap is a apricot colour, and quite firm. The scent strength is mid from the container, and remains mid-strength throughout the shave. I was not quite sure what to expect from the scent, given the description as 'Indian Flavour', and hoping it would not have a vindaloo-like effect on my skin ;),
I needn't have worried; it is a very pleasant and fragrant scent, with hints of incense, and slightly sweet cardamon amongst other spice notes.
The soap lathered quite easily, forming quite an airy proto-lather before settled to a denser, but still voluminous, final lather. The lather had good slickness, resulting in smooth razor glide. The residual slickness was respectable, and it had a very nice post shave feel.

Nice shave Tom, I picked up the L'Homme Cedrat balm and EdT a while back, as expected not exceptionally long lasting but the balm itself was nice in summer as was the gel - torn between the two I would go for the balm
over the Gel however - while the gel was cooling the balm was far more nourishing and effective post shave. 9 or 10 blasts of the EdT mostly worked too for some longevity :D

ePZIqNS.jpg

+1 I concur with @Errol review of the GC-84P with Feather it provides an amazingly efficient shave without being aggressive. After trialing Astra SP, GSB, Nacet and Polsilvers which were all good enough for DFS daily shave and GSB going 10+ shaves, the Feather provided the sort of shave that ticks all the boxes. My face was tingling all over with that tingle you get from an aggressive razor removing a layer too much but it was light and consistent all over the face with no razor burn or rash on the neck.

Fine American Blend was a nice pairing with Proraso Green Tea Oatmeal

Pre-shave: Shower/Proraso Green Tea and Oatmeal Pre-shaving Cream
Brush: Semogue - Excelsior 1460 Boar
Soap: Proraso Green Tea and Oatmeal
Razor: GC-84P
Blade: Feather (1)
Post-shave: Fine American Blend Classic Aftershave

The castle is haunted by 'The Green Lady'. A servant girl who had relations, unbeknownst to the laird, was then summarily dismissed from her position to fall upon hard times and perish.
I knew it!
Thanks for making my evening. I’ll be too scared to sleep now...

pWy8rxq.jpg

Great Mini-Review again @TomG

Love reading people's thoughts when they get the samples from a sample box (y)

Date:- 23 December 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Christmas Eve
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Rocket HD500 / Wizamet Super Iridium #1
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- YSL L’Homme

SOTD. Monday 23 Dec
Another refreshing shave this morning,
Location Near Portal Point
Currently temperature 2c
Wind speed 2.3 M/S
Barometer 971 HPA
Water depth 104 m

I hope you are enjoying these massive landscapes and amazing wildlife. I suspect you already view the incredible snow petrel!

A shout-out to P&C and Dan for the new acquisitions which arrived just in time for Christmas.

A bit of an experimental shave. Ended up with mild razor burn from trying too many new things at once.

Prep: Shower ; Prosaro ; APR Fougere Trois. Lather probably needed a bit more work.
Brush: Charity Auction 2019 Tony Forsyth Badger. Lovely, very well made brush
Razor: Wolfman Guerrilla with UFO handle ; Blackbird and experimented with some Timeless handles.
Feather blade.
Post: Wifey brought the 4 month Bub so a real quick splash of Dermalogica balanced moisturiser.

i-5jxT2mQ-L.jpg

i-HXhqHxg-L.jpg

i-N5VKmKk-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.