September 2020 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah!. It wasn't my initial choose for scent, but read here time ago about this particular scent and decideed to give it a go, damn, it is fucking true.. jut sniff and then all things nice, mate, it actually remind me honey caramels and childhood :love::love::love::love:
Funnily enough, honey caramels don't float my boat. I just wish Alex's "Lavende" had been made with the same base. I think I need the lanolin. I really liked the scent...

vQ6EIJ7l.jpg

Razo Rock SS Hawk V3 from Gifts and Care w/ Edwin Jagger sampler. Delivery was approx 3 weeks.
Looking forward to trying this tomorrow and comparing to the Black Hawk.

Did you get the standard, A plate or the OC?

Got a bit of a white whale today.. Avon Everest! Not only one decanter..the popular Polar bear but TWO including the Blunderbuss gun as well. Found on Gumtree in a small TAS town and shipped here in a week!. A steal too!

Also included Steam locomotive (Tai Winds),. German Shepherd (Oland) and cannon (Spicy).

Will need a new shelf me thinks. Chockers with Avon here all full of the good vintage stuff.

Funnily enough, honey caramels don't float my boat. I just wish Alex's "Lavende" had been made with the same base. I think I need the lanolin. I really liked the scent...

It wasn't my boat either anything with honey, till I sniff it. (I actually have somewhere some bohemian honey soap and splash from Daisho also eventually arrive home, hopefully before christmas, if covid helps)

A long time artisan waiting to give a go...

You got this:

Nv6vsJz.jpg

and then you open:

rj9WR2Z.jpg

For getting this!:

WqU4IdM.jpg

Pictures shit as usual, but once sniffed, yes, I can say all things nice.
I just blame myself to not go for them when they use to sell it in metal tins....

The soap/cream formulation is really interesting too, I cannot wait to use it

(y) congratulations.. the scent as you know is incredible, the performance is also and you can easily get a very slick lather made

considering you liked this, may i suggest Vanille de Tabac from A&E one day

Mail Call Today - thanks @HGpottery & AusFarce (y)

IMG-20200903-192855.jpg

Thanks again Helena (@HGpottery) for supporting this years Charity Auction and I'm really impressed with how nice the new scuttle + soap dish is. :love:

Sadly it's starting to warming up now but I'll look to give it a workout over the weekend whilst the mornings still fresh! (y)

Last edited by a moderator:

IMG-20200903-192855.jpg

Thanks again Helena for supporting this years Charity Auction and I'm really impressed with how nice the new scuttle + soap dish is. :love:

Sadly it's starting to warming up now but I'll look to give it a workout over the weekend whilst the mornings still fresh! (y)
giphy.gif

IMG-20200903-192855.jpg

Thanks again Helena (@HGpottery) for supporting this years Charity Auction and I'm really impressed with how nice the new scuttle + soap dish is. :love:

Almost forgot to mention a special thanks to @alfredus for getting this one all sorted - its greatly appreciated mate! ;)

Hi all, I finally received my other auction win in the mail today. The newest member of my shave den.... the Rex Envoy😁

Many thanks and so much gratitude to all involved, @alfredus @Mark1966 and especially the folks at Beard & Blade for donating this razor for a very worthy cause. The extras included were also a pleasant surprise and greatly appreciated.

I’ll be giving this new razor a run in the next few days. I love the very cool ‘knurly’ handle and it reminds me of a certain bass player’s scaled boots so it stands to reason that I’ll call this one... ‘Gene’ 🤘🏻😜🤘🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.