Recommend me a 'classic' soap.

Yah, the tallow Lea is one of my best soaps of all time!

But I should mention their veggie formula is also excellent! I really enjoy this one too.

I was needlessly worried about my veg Lea Classic puck - it's fantastic! The Lea tallow stick just edges it by a fraction (prob due to the lack of menthol) and while I haven't tried the reformulated stick yet, I have heard few complaints...

Like @nav1 I prefer triple milled soaps and feel that shave sticks in particular are under appreciated. Triple milled goes a long way and cuts down on packaging too.

For me - MWF, Lea Classic or stick, La Toja stick - all top tier. TOBS is a shade behind but not a lot.

I'm reliably informed the blue tallow Wilkinson Sword stick (not the bowl!) is also excellent but I haven't tried it yet to confirm. Lea stick still holds the overall high ground in my book but only just.

ARKO that has acted as an air freshener in the shed for a year or two first isn't bad but it is drying, which relegates it a rung or two - not really an issue if you follow up with a balm though. Palmolive stick is probably a better deal overall, provided you dial it in / use enough.

The traditional Italian soaps are OK but are a couple of rungs below all these for me - and I have Italian heritage! I won't be buying again what I have already tried there, although I still need to try some Vitos and Valobra.

The Wilkinson stick is superb but discontinued.

I have only one left in my den and regret not topping them up when discontinuation became apparent.

I used Lea classic veggie today and it was fantastic! I carry this in my travel kit, the tallow puck remains at home as part of my rotation.

I was needlessly worried about my veg Lea Classic puck - it's fantastic! The Lea tallow stick just edges it by a fraction (prob due to the lack of menthol) and while I haven't tried the reformulated stick yet, I have heard few complaints...

The veggie Lea stick is also good but I find the veggie classic puck far superior...especially in post-shave department.

The Wilkinson stick is superb but discontinued.

I have only one left in my den and regret not topping them up when discontinuation became apparent.

I used Lea classic veggie today and it was fantastic! I carry this in my travel kit, the tallow puck remains at home as part of my rotation.

Thanks for the heads up - I have no interest in trying something that is being discontinued, just in case it's great! Although Vshod still has it in stock? Not cheap but not too bad either, in case you want a top up,

My travel kit always has the Lea stick in it. Doesn't matter what water I have to hand (short of seawater, which I haven't tried!), it's always a winner!

Thanks for the heads up - I have no interest in trying something that is being discontinued, just in case it's great! Although Vshod still has it in stock? Not cheap but not too bad either, in case you want a top up,

My travel kit always has the Lea stick in it. Doesn't matter what water I have to hand (short of seawater, which I haven't tried!), it's always a winner!

I use reverse osmosis water to make my lather and bottled water while travelling as I like to get the best out of every soap without worrying about water hardness.

I didn't see Wilkinson stick in the soap section on vshod. Probably a good thing as I just expanded my MWF, Speick vegan, DRH Arlington and Lea classic stash.