November 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most of my P&C 2021 Charity Auction items arrived today.

Big thank you to all that donated the items.

Samson from Vshod, thanks for the Martin De Candre soap, and the unexpected additional B&M soap. How did you know that's only one of the few I don't actually have. (y):)

@Wilkshire13, thanks for the beautiful ABC soap set.(y)

Avalon Pottery, thanks for the beautiful P&C 2021 Charity Auction coffee mug. (y):coffee::).

@TroyTools, thanks for sending through the Last TF Customs shave brush. @Tony Forsyth helped me through some troubling times with his masterful turning skills and genuine welcoming personality. Great guy, hope he gets back on the lathe one day. ( can't wait to take the new Troy Tools brush of yours for lather when it arrives).(y)

A big thank you to @Mark1966, @alfredus, @Monsta_AU, for their time and resources making the Charity Auction possible. (y)(y)(y)

Nice work mate - and thanks for your support of the auction!

Nice haul @rhodes96

Thankyou P&C @Wilkshire13 for the Colibri trade @Atmoz for the software.
How is a fella supposed to reduce the den when there is so much good gear on offer :p

qna8JHR.jpg

Mail Call Today - thank you Ausfarce!!!

IMG-20211104-151721.jpg

Looks like the stars aligned this afternoon as I came home to see a small box left at the front door with some goodies sent from our resident Secret Santa @rhodes96 (y)(y)(y)
Massive thanks for the added bonus of London Bridge DE blades and soap samples as I look forward to testing them this coming weekend!!!

IMG-20211104-151721.jpg

Looks like the stars aligned this afternoon as I came home to see a small box left at the front door with some goodies sent from our resident Secret Santa @rhodes96 (y)(y)(y)
Massive thanks for the added bonus of London Bridge DE blades and soap samples as I look forward to testing them this coming weekend!!!

Glad Ausfarce delivered on time for once.(y)

Glad Ausfarce delivered on time for once.(y)
Too there credit I rarely have any issues and the last few transactions have gone quickly with only a day or two hold up.
Not sure why DHL is being a pain as they charged me a fortune to ship from Japan whereas I can get a $500+ razor from the US to arrive cheaply and ahead of schedule?

IMG-20211104-151721.jpg

Nice! Keen to hear your thoughts on the London Bridge blades!

IMG-20211104-151721.jpg

Cool. :cool: What are the samples?

Cool. :cool: What are the samples?
Samples - thanks again @rhodes96 (y)

1. Declaration Grooming - Apogee
2. Oaken Lab - Plein Air
3 Noble Otter - Neon Sun
4 Hendrix Classics & Co. - Emperor Oud
5 Grooming Department - Amare
6 Declaration Grooming / Mammoth Soaps - Cerberus

Last edited:

Thank you @StratMan, I think that is the fastest shipping from the other side of Australia I have ever had.

I cannot believe how good this brush looks. TF Customs limited edition with a 26mm Rhodium fan.(y)(y)

Big month of brushes for me.

Now to BST some unused brushes.:unsure:

your welcome mate, certainly put the express back into the express postage 😁

I’m glad it’s gone to a good home 👍

Mail Call Today - thanks Ausfarce!

IMG-20211105-163215.jpg

The generosity of the P&C Community knows no ends as our resident enabler from way down south kindly sent me an assortment of AC blades to sample. Many thanks @Gargravarr especially considering the cost of AC blades and I look forward to testing them out and deciding on which warrant further supplies. (y)(y)(y)

"As the sword is passed down from master to apprentice, thus the apprentice becomes the master."

Another Brush arrived today, this time from our newest brush artisan @TroyTools.

Let me say to everyone this brush looks even better in the flesh than the design photos. The see through resin green handle is stunning, like really stunning. The attention to detail is very impressive. Inside of the green resin handle there are very fine glitter particles, very subtle, not obvious to the eye, the green resin changes colour from an emerald to aquatic green depending on the light. Classic rook style handle with a white pearlesque cap topped off with a 26mm 2 band finest fan. All the indentations and surfaces have been polished up perfectly. Just gave the knot its first wash to pull any residual badger funk and start breaking in the badger hair. This should splay up nicely.

This is my first foray into a Troycraft brush, and certainly won't be my last. If anyone is sitting on the fence, time to get off and get yourself a custom made Troycraft brush, you won't be dissapointed.(y)(y)

Last edited:
"As the sword is passed down from master to apprentice, thus the apprentice becomes the master."

Another Brush arrived today, this time from our newest brush artisan @TroyTools.

Let me say to everyone this brush looks even better in the flesh than the design photos. The see through resin green handle is stunning, like really stunning. The attention to detail is very impressive. Inside of the green resin handle there is are very fine glitter particles, very subtle, not obvious to the eye, the green resin changes colour from an emerald to aquatic green depending on the light. Classic rook style handle with a white pearlesque cap topped off with a 26mm 2 band finest fan. All the indentations and surfaces have been polished up perfectly. Just gave the knot its first wash to pull any residual badger funk and start breaking in the badger hair. This should splay up nicely.

This is my first foray into a Troycraft brush, and certainly won't be my last. If anyone is sitting on the fence, time to get off and get yourself a custom made Troycraft brush, you won't be dissapointed.(y)(y)
:D:D:D:D:D:DYou're too kind mate. Head over to my page and look what I did today.:cool:
https://paste-and-cut.com.au/commun...-custom-brush-handles.6793/page-6#post-193410

I saw it. (y)(y)

Now one in Copper. :)
Soon.
I have copper, brass, aluminium. No stainless, that shit hates itself!
Awfully deep pockets will be needed for metal ones though. That stuff ain't resin. It's a whole new world of different everything, and a lot of time.
Beautiful and worth the money when I go there though.
Today's aluminium handle was a proof of concept to myself to see if it can be done. And it can:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.