November 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thumbnail_resized_resized_20211102_154512-jpg.1846

Belated birthday gift to myself, with the assistance of a generous soul who assisted me in achieving ownership :)

Mail Call today :love::love::love:

IMG-20211102-154325.jpg

Rushed to get home as was expecting a delivery and boy was I surprised to see this as its such a tiny piece of shaving equipment that feels like it'll whizz across my face/head with ease! Very impressed with the machined finish and the new logo/packaging is very modern and top notch!
As nice as a polished one would be I would expect it to scratch easily and the rustic look feels nice to touch. Shane has out done himself designing such an elegant piece of shaving gear that I still can't beieve I'm holding titanium as it feels like a cheap disposable cart razor!?
Only let down is my lack of any AC blades but I'm expecting some supplies to arrive in the next few days so I can test this baby out over the weekend... :love::nailbiting:

Fine looking piece of shaving machinery.(y)

I actually like the look of the titanium in the machined finish over the polished.

Fine looking piece of shaving machinery.(y)

I actually like the look of the titanium in the machined finish over the polished.
In all honesty I was expecting a more refined finish so really happy how it looks but what really shocked me was the weight and size as its super light and barely any metal left over post machining. Looking forward to giving it a whirl as it feels feather like and the narrow head should allow for close shaves. Cheers (y)

thumbnail_resized_resized_20211102_154512-jpg.1846

Belated birthday gift to myself, with the assistance of a generous soul who assisted me in achieving ownership :)
Tell you what November is looking like a killer month for acquisitions as plenty of premium hardware being shown off!

Hope the newest addition treats you well @borked as the SB plate is a Daily Shaver but beware of the OC as it has some pronounced blade feel but still smooth if you take your time... Happy Shaves and thanks for being a good sport! (y)

Bit of a mail call recently, mrs saw the packages "if thats more shaving stuff youre in the dog house"
We are now going for a night out this weekend.
Happy to have another of @TroyTools brushes from our trade, loving the beehive.
A few other bits and bobs to try out, the TOBS is a bit too cinnamon esk for me but may do for a trade somewhere

Bit of a mail call recently, mrs saw the packages "if thats more shaving stuff youre in the dog house"
We are now going for a night out this weekend.
Happy to have another of @TroyTools brushes from our trade, loving the beehive.
A few other bits and bobs to try out, the TOBS is a bit too cinnamon esk for me but may do for a trade somewhere

Maybe instead of a slab of VB you accompany that aftershave with something for the wife!

Only let down is my lack of any AC blades but I'm expecting some supplies to arrive in the next few days so I can test this baby out over the weekend... :love::nailbiting:
If I had realised your Vector was going to arrive this soon, I would have posted your blade selection by express... :banghead:

I've been looking at all the pics of the machined version, and it looks smoother than the SS version. I gave mine just a little extra buffing for a few minutes to remove a slight "gritty" texture left from the machining, but not enough to actually polish it, since I don't like things too shiny. If you want to make your Ti shinier, you could use some greasy brown tripoli with a slow buffing wheel (or an old t-shirt).

If I had realised your Vector was going to arrive this soon, I would have posted your blade selection by express... :banghead:

I've been looking at all the pics of the machined version, and it looks smoother than the SS version. I gave mine just a little extra buffing for a few minutes to remove a slight "gritty" texture left from the machining, but not enough to actually polish it, since I don't like things too shiny. If you want to make your Ti shinier, you could use some greasy brown tripoli with a slow buffing wheel (or an old t-shirt).
Yeah I was expecting it to be a few weeks but DHL sped things up which isn't all bad as enjoying testing out the Alpha Outlaw DE razor which delivers solid shaves. I appreciate the sample pack you've sent as it'll give me a good gauge on whether to add to the Prolines I am waiting on from @rhodes96 and Japan - both should arrive in next few days.
It feels as light as a feather and nice to the touch but its gritty when placed in its matching stand but I suspect that's it being new and if I see the need I'll follow your suggestions and give it a nice touch up. (y)

I gave my Vector a light hand buff with a microfibre rag and some old flitz polish. 10 mins work and the light machine marks are removed from the top cap and shines up real nice. I would defiantly not want a full polish version of this, doesn't suit the Titanium. Also did the same to the Copper Karve, and all the tarnish has been removed, back to factory finish, top cap sparkles once again with its satin sheen finish.

Sorry @Razor Burn, forgot to send you a few little nylon o rings that fit perfectly where the handle threads into bottom plate. Ti is always a little grittier than SS, use some Vaseline should be fine.

Last edited:
Mail Call today :love::love::love:

IMG-20211102-154325.jpg

Rushed to get home as was expecting a delivery and boy was I surprised to see this as its such a tiny piece of shaving equipment that feels like it'll whizz across my face/head with ease! Very impressed with the machined finish and the new logo/packaging is very modern and top notch!
As nice as a polished one would be I would expect it to scratch easily and the rustic look feels nice to touch. Shane has out done himself designing such an elegant piece of shaving gear that I still can't beieve I'm holding titanium as it feels like a cheap disposable cart razor!?
giphy.gif

SHOW OFF!! Cheeky Bastard...

I gave my Vector a light hand buff with a microfibre rag and some old flitz polish. 10 mins work and the light machine marks are removed from the top cap and shines up real nice. I would defiantly not want a full polish version of this, doesn't suit the Titanium. Also did the same to the Copper Karve, and all the tarnish has been removed, back to factory finish, top cap sparkles once again with its satin sheen finish.

Sorry @Razor Burn, forgot to send you a few little nylon o rings that fit perfectly where the handle threads into bottom plate. Ti is always a little grittier than SS, use some Vaseline should be fine.
Yeah I'm starting to think a light buff sounds like a good idea and no worries about the o rings as I have a few laying around somewhere... (y)

1st. Brush is a Turn & Shave - 26mm V7 tip knot ( thanks @Atmoz) . Nice dense knot, fairly stiff with a short loft. Can't wait to run this one in. Notice the splay already from ice bath

2nd. Billygoat Brushworks - B1 28mm tuxedo. The most interesting colour combination of resin I have ever seen in a handle. As soon as I saw this brush, I knew this was the handle I will be adding a 28mm Rhodium knot to
later on. Thank you George.

Last edited:
RfdTLim.jpg

Finally. Ordered from Top of the Chain 20/9. Arrived 3/11. Yeow. I guess Asendia was one of the worst hit by this US post block. I really should do parcel forwarding considering how much I've bought recently. But I say I'm not going to buy any more (especially software) and then it's just another impulse buy.

Most of my P&C 2021 Charity Auction items arrived today.

Big thank you to all that donated the items.

Samson from Vshod, thanks for the Martin De Candre soap, and the unexpected additional B&M soap. How did you know that's only one of the few I don't actually have. (y):)

@Wilkshire13, thanks for the beautiful ABC soap set.(y)

Avalon Pottery, thanks for the beautiful P&C 2021 Charity Auction coffee mug. (y):coffee::).

@TroyTools, thanks for sending through the Last TF Customs shave brush. @Tony Forsyth helped me through some troubling times with his masterful turning skills and genuine welcoming personality. Great guy, hope he gets back on the lathe one day. ( can't wait to take the new Troy Tools brush of yours for lather when it arrives).(y)

A big thank you to @Mark1966, @alfredus, @Monsta_AU, for their time and resources making the Charity Auction possible. (y)(y)(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.