Maybe I wanna get a nice(r) DE?

I thought about it and looked into it briefly, but I didn't really find anyone doing it locally and by the time you pay shipping both ways and the replating I figure you're better off just buying a replated one straight up.
As an example I saw a FB go off in Melbourne for $49.95 the other i know who bought by the way and if you add in Razor Emporium in at A$140.00 round trip replated in knickel then it don't turn out to bad overall in cost.

But hold that thought I might have a real nice example of one coming my way

I thought about it and looked into it briefly, but I didn't really find anyone doing it locally and by the time you pay shipping both ways and the replating I figure you're better off just buying a replated one straight up.
Where is "local"?
Surely if you're in a major city the one of the lads here can lend you a Slim and/or a FatBoy. If you're in Sydney then send me a PM and I'll lend you both if you like.

Well, I mighta done something silly. I got a couple whiskeys in me and got on maggards and ordered the V3A head on a MR20 handle, a 24mm synth and a few soap samples. Not what I was originally thinking, but hopefully I'll like it and even if I don't like the head I can always buy a better head later and hold onto the handle. Plus, I've wanted to try their synth since I first saw it. Oops.

I tend to forget that shipping cost is a bigger issue for you folks. Just curious what's the average cost to ship a razor from the states?

I tend to forget that shipping cost is a bigger issue for you folks. Just curious what's the average cost to ship a razor from the states?
Depends on the seller really...

Larry from Whipped Dog for example still sends small packages for 5-6$ our way - but others insist on the deluxe 35$ tracked and insured option. I don't blame them, if the package goes missing, paypal makes them pay for it.

The most economic option for us at the moment is to buy from a seller, who offers free shipping within the US, send it to a freight forwarder and then use that service, because they can offer really cheap economic shipping (~5-6$ for a small package)

Most eBay sellers use, at best, the USPS small flat rate priority box - which is now $US34.95 so over $A46. Even First Class starts at $US22.75.

This has gone up HUGELY since I was doing the bulk of my collecting and the small box was 'only' $US14.95 ...

(eBay Global shipping is more BTW)

Depends on the seller really...

Larry from Whipped Dog for example still sends small packages for 5-6$ our way - but others insist on the deluxe 35$ tracked and insured option. I don't blame them, if the package goes missing, paypal makes them pay for it.

The most economic option for us at the moment is to buy from a seller, who offers free shipping within the US, send it to a freight forwarder and then use that service, because they can offer really cheap economic shipping (~5-6$ for a small package)

thanks for the info..

Most eBay sellers use, at best, the USPS small flat rate priority box - which is now $US34.95 so over $A46. Even First Class starts at $US22.75.

This has gone up HUGELY since I was doing the bulk of my collecting and the small box was 'only' $US14.95 ...

(eBay Global shipping is more BTW)

Yikes....