Maybe I wanna get a nice(r) DE?

What have you got so far? There are plenty of razors to step up to. I recently jumped on a second hand Rockwell, which if you want some versatility is a great stainless piece. Then there's the likes of a Gillette adjustable, Gillette old or new. Maybe a vintage Schick SE? What are you looking for with the new razor?

I dunno, maybe a slim? Or a nice stainless number. Not looking to break the bank though. Suggestions?

@thisISjoel look here maybe something from the Italian Barber that doesn't break your piggy bank ;), I've own the RazoRock Mission and this is a fantastic razor perfect balance.

RazoRock Mission 3-Piece Double Edge (DE) Safety Razor for $20USD that around $28 AUD
http://www.italianbarber.com/collec...k-mission-3-piece-double-edge-de-safety-razor

RazoRock OLD TYPE Open Comb DE Safety Razor for $15USD that around $21 AUD
http://www.italianbarber.com/collections/safety-razors/products/razorock-old-type-open-comb-de-safety-razor

Is this where the enabling comes in ??? :)

I just looked on the rockwell site and it's $140au. I'm looking to spend like $60-70.

You COULD spend that amount and get a good user grade slim or super speed. However, a fully stainless like the rockwell will last several lifetimes and as there aren't any moving parts, won't be susceptible to wear. You could amortise the extra $70 bucks over the remaining years of your life, and it would only be like $1 a year. Come on... $1/year? That's nothing!

Just DOO EEET! (how was that?)

Is this where the enabling comes in ??? :)

You COULD spend that amount and get a good user grade slim or super speed. However, a fully stainless like the rockwell will last several lifetimes and as there aren't any moving parts, won't be susceptible to wear. You could amortise the extra $70 bucks over the remaining years of your life, and it would only be like $1 a year. Come on... $1/year? That's nothing!

Just DOO EEET! (how was that?)

You make a fair argument, but I just don't know if I can bear parting with that kind of coin for a razor, even if it will last a lifetime. I know logically it doesn't make sense, but I just don't think I can do it.

SOLVED Only one Razor you need in the Den that's a Gillette Fat Boy DE get one and you got the best trust me on this one

Yeah, maybe, I dunno. From what I've read I think I'd prefer a slim.

Think about what you are most likely to like - add to that the re-sell value - and then make an informed decision.

If you want something that's outside of your budget - maybe save a bit longer and get that, rather than getting something that's in your budget, but you don't really want it?

Think about what you are most likely to like - add to that the re-sell value - and then make an informed decision.

If you want something that's outside of your budget - maybe save a bit longer and get that, rather than getting something that's in your budget, but you don't really want it?

Good point, hard to know what I'm going to like without actually shaving with it though :-/

What do you like and dislike about your current razors?

Do you want a birth year razor (if it's possible) ?

What do you like and dislike about your current razors?

Do you want a birth year razor (if it's possible) ?

I don't care about a birth year razor and even if I did options would be limited (1988). The first question is trickier, I like the efficiency of the parker and the fatip, but they can both have blade alignment issues. I like the smooth, efficient shave I get from the new, but the plating on the cap is all gone and I don't take care of it well enough to keep it looking nice. The tech is really comfortable, but way too mild.

Why not get the NEW replated?

Hey - Happy shaving :)

You make a fair argument, but I just don't know if I can bear parting with that kind of coin for a razor, even if it will last a lifetime. I know logically it doesn't make sense, but I just don't think I can do it.

Yeah, maybe, I dunno. From what I've read I think I'd prefer a slim.
Let me make it easy fot ya give me your credit details and I'll sort it then you can worry after about the cost trust me :)

Why not get the NEW replated?

Hey - Happy shaving :)

I thought about it and looked into it briefly, but I didn't really find anyone doing it locally and by the time you pay shipping both ways and the replating I figure you're better off just buying a replated one straight up.