Maybe I wanna get a nice(r) DE?

Depends on the seller really...

Larry from Whipped Dog for example still sends small packages for 5-6$ our way - but others insist on the deluxe 35$ tracked and insured option. I don't blame them, if the package goes missing, paypal makes them pay for it.

The most economic option for us at the moment is to buy from a seller, who offers free shipping within the US, send it to a freight forwarder and then use that service, because they can offer really cheap economic shipping (~5-6$ for a small package)

I wonder what service he is using as nothing USPS comes close to that cost.

I would assume he gets away sending it as a large envelope rather than a package...

I got the standard handle in Burgundy. Very nice and very simple. Used the brush this morning, went fantastic. I have two other synths, the Loccitane Plisson which is one of the floppiest brushes i have come across, and the Omega High Barber Pole which has more backbone than one of my old army instructors. The Whipped dog sits perfectly inbetween. Needless to say i am quite impressed considering the price Larry sells them for, including freight. Will give it a run for the next few weeks to see how it goes.

@bald as recently received a badger brush from Larry at Whipped Dog, and I have to say, the knot is fantastic at this price point - seriously nice! Beautiful shaped bulb, nice bloom, nice backbone, medium density and soft to the touch...

I also very much like the longer handle Larry has on offer - all in all I think the brush would set you back ~50AU$ and together with Larry's unbelievable customer care this makes it for me one of the best, if not the best, economic badger options out there.

I believe silver tip. Remember the colour is off because of the fluro desk lamp. The knot is dense yet the tips are soft and very soft with good backbone when holding lather.

@bald as recently received a badger brush from Larry at Whipped Dog, and I have to say, the knot is fantastic at this price point - seriously nice! Beautiful shaped bulb, nice bloom, nice backbone, medium density and soft to the touch...

I also very much like the longer handle Larry has on offer - all in all I think the brush would set you back ~50AU$ and together with Larry's unbelievable customer care this makes it for me one of the best, if not the best, economic badger options out there.

@alfredus I've also got a Whipped Dog Silvertip in Black Resin Handle 24/48mm and it fantastic is great for both bowl or face lather.
QC4tjPC.jpg

This is the brush @alfredus mentioned. 65mm handle 24mm knot set at 48mm

Great brush. Ignore the colour of the badger as it was shot with a desk-lamp and the hair is not correct.

Steve

I've should've got the 65mm long handle instead of the Resin Handle which is about 50mm long bummer doesn't matter I still love it, I can always get another one from Larry no problem I'm in no hurry at all.