Lets talk body odour ...

Bugger, I missed this one when I was looking this morning. I was on your site and did a search for deodorant and nothing came up. I'll keep this one in mind for next time so the wife can try it. She's not rubbing my alum stick that I use on my face under her arms no matter how much I love her.

I bought my wife some Salt and Stone but she wasn't a fan of it. Ever since she got laser hair removal treatment under her arms she reacts to a lot of deodorants. She initially gave it the thumbs up but started to notice it doesn't last the day.

I've tried this one from beard and blade. It's not cheap but it works and I recommend it. I hate sweating (I used to work in the boiler rooms of steam ships where that's all you did) so I prefer an anti-perspirant.

Another one I like is this one. In fact I'm wearing it right now. Now that I'm mainly sitting in an office, I'll use a deodorant during the cooler months and an anti-perspirant during summer.

I ordered this one today so I'll let you know my thoughts after I get it.
I thought trench warfare was wearing no deodorant at all, to make the enemy's eyes water. Incidentally, that's why I often refer to wasabi as mawashi... :D

I thought trench warfare was wearing no deodorant at all, to make the enemy's eyes water. Incidentally, that's why I often refer to wasabi as mawashi... :D
In the boiler room of a ship that produces 70,000 BHP, it feels like even your eyeballs are sweating :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Keen to hear your feedback on the scent and performance
aia.gif

Sorry about that, I didn't realise I had until I went back there to grab the URL.

All good mate - just having some fun :)

Bugger, I missed this one when I was looking this morning. I was on your site and did a search for deodorant and nothing came up. I'll keep this one in mind for next time so the wife can try it. She's not rubbing my alum stick that I use on my face under her arms no matter how much I love her.
Thanks for the tip. The product page is now fixed. It can be found with either a tag search (deodorant) or a site search on 'deodorant'. 🙋‍♂️🙋‍♀️🌹
No more 🦨

I bought my wife some Salt and Stone but she wasn't a fan of it. Ever since she got laser hair removal treatment under her arms she reacts to a lot of deodorants. She initially gave it the thumbs up but started to notice it doesn't last the day.

I've tried this one from beard and blade. It's not cheap but it works and I recommend it. I hate sweating (I used to work in the boiler rooms of steam ships where that's all you did) so I prefer an anti-perspirant.

Another one I like is this one. In fact I'm wearing it right now. Now that I'm mainly sitting in an office, I'll use a deodorant during the cooler months and an anti-perspirant during summer.

I ordered this one today so I'll let you know my thoughts after I get it.

If your wife hasn't tried alum, grab a POTASSIUM alum stone.

It's much, much easier on the skin compared to AMMONIUM alum (which is what the majority of alum deodorants and blocks are made of!).

I switched to potassium alum 6 months ago and I can feel the difference!
Same performance but much easier on my skin.

It's much, much easier on the skin compared to AMMONIUM alum (which is what the majority of alum deodorants and blocks are made of!).

Cool, I'll let her know 👍

I've been testing a theory for a few months and its working well and that is using an antibacterial to kill the odour causing bacteria instead of an antiperspirant, because perspiring is your bodies natural cooling response etc etc ...
Also because in Darwin all but Mum deodorant give me a rash and I've tried them all and Mum is not strong enough to combat the BO after a lunchtime walk or workout in the Darwin heat but the Antibacterial spray is working well,
Currently using Goat hand and surface sanitiser and it is working well no BO even after a 6km ride home and so far only have to apply once in the morning straight after the shower because wet armpits from the shower just feed the bacteria. Not suggesting it as an alternative to mainstream antiperspirants and deodorants because you do still perspire and get a wet armpit but wanted to share in case anyone has a real problem with BO.

Working well for me the past 4 months through buildup and wet season.
6 weeks into the dry and still performing well. I thought the antibacterial formula might have dried the skin out too much but no irritation or BO.
I fortunately picked up the alcohol free bottle

Luckily I don't have BB problem, but I've used this Eau des Baux Stick Deodorant, and it smells fantastic. It does not leave a residue, and it doesn't leave bad smells, which some deodorants can do after a few hours. My wife used the ladies' version and it definitely solved the BB issue for her.

Do you use it after the face shave? Where to get one?
[Update] Ah, the one I use is already Potassium. For some reason, I thoughts its Aluminium. Proraso Alum: Made from 100% Potassium Alum

Last edited:
Do you use it after the face shave? Where to get one?
[Update] Ah, the one I use is already Potassium. For some reason, I thoughts its Aluminium. Proraso Alum: Made from 100% Potassium Alum

Nice!
Potassium alum is the only alum one should use on their face, after shaving.

For deodorant, it matters less but for many ammonium alum is harsh and potassium alum is definitely easier on the skin.