Kia ora/Gidday

Ahh, the innocence of a newbie to these forums :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Sounds like he should head for the hills if he thinks he's not buying anything hanging around here!

Welcome aboard @silverlifter . I'm not saying everyone on here is as guilty as the next, but if there's any psychology students out there wanting to study classic enabling, there's a wealth of options here.

Sounds like he should head for the hills if he thinks he's not buying anything hanging around here!

Welcome aboard @silverlifter . I'm not saying everyone on here is as guilty as the next, but if there's any psychology students out there wanting to study classic enabling, there's a wealth of options here.
Yep, definitely joined the wrong place if he thinks he isn't going to spend any more money on shaving gear 🤣

Yep, definitely joined the wrong place if he thinks he isn't going to spend any more money on shaving gear 🤣

INVEST!

We invest money in personal grooming to save our planet and benefit those we love. It is entirely altruistic and not an expense at all …

INVEST!

We invest money in personal grooming to save our planet and benefit those we love. It is entirely altruistic and not an expense at all …
For goodness sake
giphy.gif

That sounds like something straight out of "Yes minister", anyone would think you work for the government! Oh, wait...

I don't 😉

I started DE shaving when I moved across the ditch 20-odd years ago. About a year ago, after I joined B&B, I started straight shaving. I now mostly shave with straights, but one day a week I use a DE (mostly because I have a stash of blades that I need to get through).

I prefer vintage razors, and seem to have gravitated to Japanese half hollows. Something about the additional heft of the blade whilst still having audible feedback just hits that sweet spot! :D

Looking forward to contributing in the straight and honing boards, and will also happily chat about fountain pens and other obsessions. Cheers! 🍻

Welcome @silverlifter !

I use a Kaweco Sport fountain pen in brass myself. Luckily, that was the one purchase to get me out of that rabbit hole.