Kia ora/Gidday

silverlifter

I started DE shaving when I moved across the ditch 20-odd years ago. About a year ago, after I joined B&B, I started straight shaving. I now mostly shave with straights, but one day a week I use a DE (mostly because I have a stash of blades that I need to get through).

I prefer vintage razors, and seem to have gravitated to Japanese half hollows. Something about the additional heft of the blade whilst still having audible feedback just hits that sweet spot! :D

Looking forward to contributing in the straight and honing boards, and will also happily chat about fountain pens and other obsessions. Cheers! 🍻

I prefer fountain pens, absolutely refusing to write with biro or gel imposters. I recall wooden school pens which required nibs with inkwells built into one's desk, and fountain pens which one filled via a lever on the side of the barrel; yes, I'm that old!

I prefer fountain pens, absolutely refusing to write with biro or gel imposters. I recall wooden school pens which required nibs with inkwells built into one's desk, and fountain pens which one filled via a lever on the side of the barrel; yes, I'm that old!
I'll use whatever I can pinch from the stationary cabinet. To me a pen is a pen. That's not to say I don't appreciate a good fountain pen, but to me it's just something you write with.

I recall wooden school pens which required nibs with inkwells built into one's desk, and fountain pens which one filled via a lever on the side of the barrel; yes, I'm that old!

When we graduated from pencils in early primary school, we were given a fountain pen to write with. That must have been around '68-69 or so. And, apart from a period at school where we were not allowed to use them because the ink fights got out of hand, I've had one* ever since.

* When I say "one", obviously I mean at least one... :p

When we graduated from pencils in early primary school, we were given a fountain pen to write with. That must have been around '68-69 or so. And, apart from a period at school where we were not allowed to use them because the ink fights got out of hand, I've had one* ever since.

* When I say "one", obviously I mean at least one... :p
Oh yes, I remember being issued with our Osmaroid fountain pens in primary school. I'm afraid I've been cheap Biros after that.
I just looked it up to check I remembered the name correctly and I see they were started by a Mr Perry, our headmaster was a Mr Perry, I wonder if he was any relation.

Newb question (hope it is OK to ask in this thread): is uploading images a privilege unlocked after x posts? I can only see how to link to a hosted file, but images in the SOTD thread appear to directly uploaded to the P&C db.

Newb question (hope it is OK to ask in this thread): is uploading images a privilege unlocked after x posts? I can only see how to link to a hosted file, but images in the SOTD thread appear to directly uploaded to the P&C db.
Most of us use imgur as an image host and post the link in your post. From memory, there is no wait time on posting images.