Gillette Silver Blues

That's a nice bloody price! When you consider that the Super Iridiums are 40c, you've got yourself a super bargain mate. Did you find them on ebay?

I thought so. Sought advice from The Master too which was helpful :)

RM was kind enough to include a G.S.B amongst a bunch of blades he forwarded me a while back and with all the chat I decided to give it a try last night. 1st use in my Weber SS razor with MNS Coconut. Alas I wasn't impressed with the shave. Was particularly rough......and didn't come across as being overly sharp either. I'll switch it out into a different razor for my next shave but I was definitely underwhelmed by it upon my first encounter. Could just be a one off. :-/

IIRC Drubs thinks PSS are crap :)

Oh god...........why doesn't that surprise me. One razor, one soap, one brush and one blade. I don't know. Loads of aftershaves though. Have to give him that. Looks like it'll have to be SIs then. You know me, the uncultured Philistine that I am, to a large extent they all might as well be one blade.

Last edited:
PSS are total meh. If I want an avg blade that's half decent I go Vokshods...

SIs are really decent. Coming from me, that's big.

Now I see they're virtually all gone again. Bloody typical. Probably all snapped by the hoarders and profiteers over at that useless waste of internet bandwidth,,,,

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind building up a little stash of blades, but with the humidity up here I am scared they would rust before I get to use them all.

I must already have close to 200 blades (although I must get round to pif'ing those Derbys on) and that must be somewhere between 3-4 years worth as it is.

I wouldn't mind building up a little stash of blades, but with the humidity up here I am scared they would rust before I get to use them all.

I must already have close to 200 blades (although I must get round to pif'ing those Derbys on) and that must be somewhere between 3-4 years worth as it is.

Wouldn't they only rust if they get exposed to moisture? I'd have thought you'd be right with a tupperware container and a bunch of those silica gel dessicant packets that absorb moisture.

I'm also about to begin my stash. I'm waiting to hear back from the seller about one of the pack options for the SI's, and tomorrow I'm going to order 100 of the Silver Blues. I also have 100 Perma-Sharps and 100 Astra SP's in my cart on bestshave.net. This madness seems to have struck a few of us at once.

Blades, I NEED more blades .....