Which Simpsons?

Someone on here chimed of tiring of Aussie Post. This I find truly hilarious - I speak from tremendous experience (you better believe we hear from almost every customer awaiting any elected-to-ship-untracked-to-save-gobs-of-cash parcel longer than a fortnight, & many chirp up even before that) when I declare it unequivocally the world's best, so if you're tired of them, at least be glad you're not ANYWHERE ELSE on the planet! :)

Yes, that was me, and only in relation to the price that it costs us to send letters and parcels inside Australia, and then out to the rest of the world. Generally our inbound international post is VERY good, I elect for untracked when I am able to and it gets here in good time from most Western countries. What you say (and have on your site) is right, nothing really goes missing.

That said, plenty of 'local mail' can go missing - generally things like gift cards and the like. I and my family have had it happen on more than on occasion - even when registered! They did indeed charge one person with postal offences as a result of our complaints.

But I think "You know where…"

Reminds me that I need to get the 'Auto-Edit' to change any mention of 'B&B' or the like to 'YKW'. Them and their ungentlemanly "sell their own grandmother at 300% markup because she is discontinued" behaviour kind of gets my goat. As well as them there gun crazy religous fanatics, although someone's alter-ego took the piss very well.

Last edited:
I'd still be there causing subtle, but subversive havoc, if those meddling kids hadn't tumbled to me...
Worry not, you can continue your good works through the hands of others - there's still a few P&C newbies (like moi) who they don't know frequent this backwater here who'd be glad to rattle the chains over there...

Mark's also done his fair share of satire in Marco threads, but they took him at face value. That's how whacked out some are.
This is have to see - anyone got a link? I love how sarcasm evades our US friends.
BTW: where do UK shavers hang out?

I think I asked about swirling anti-clockwise rather than clockwise being in the southern hemisphere where water goes down the drain the other way. Something like that anyway!

@Monsta_AU That's amazing, I guess it happens anywhere. All it takes in this world is a thief's motive and opportunity and there ya go. Maybe the 'digifingerprints' are too visible on incoming-to-AU 1st class parcels from the US (the USPS applies a tracking-type number to every parcel via 1st class mail now, but hardly any countries use that number...however, Australia indeed is one).

Sorry to have missed a satirical reference in a Marco-Simpsons thread, that sounds a good chuckle worth digging.

.......surely Simpsons, too, must use the assistance of a "pestle" (or however they refer to that thing) for knot forming, can't imagine they're exclusively squishing it with merely their palms/fingers........

Yeah they do, according to a video I once saw. I think a mold would be an appropriate term. As you know, there's no other way to get the shape you're after and to insure that the bristles are aligned properly with the outer extremity of the bristle (i.e. the tips) at the working end of a brush.

.....Someone on here chimed of tiring of Aussie Post. This I find truly hilarious - I speak from tremendous experience (you better believe we hear from almost every customer awaiting any elected-to-ship-untracked-to-save-gobs-of-cash parcel longer than a fortnight, & many chirp up even before that) when I declare it unequivocally the world's best, so if you're tired of them, at least be glad you're not ANYWHERE ELSE on the planet! :)

We tend to tire of auspost and postal services in general because we pay a lot for postage. I wouldn't be far off the mark if I said that @Mark1966 singlehandedly has kept half the Canberra postal office in jobs. Unless you're purchasing in quantity the postage invariable exceeds the purchase cost. And when you get to the stage where you don't need quantity, which as dedicated shaving tragics happens very rapidly, it becomes a bit expensive. Case in point, I bought ten vintage Wilkinson Sword blades where the postage cost equaled the purchase price and it's gone missing (actually it's USPS at fault we think). The seller has been good about it and is sending me twenty blades to make up for it.

By the way, hello and welcome to P&C. Please don't tell me you're a soft Italian soap fan because it could get ugly!

Indeed, that's a good point Pjotr; "topping off" the shelves surely is prohibitively expensive from outside Oz to within. From the US, the first 50g now costs us >$6 of postage, and that's before we pass along the costs of a tare that can survive and a banker's friendly input to the minimum price of the smallest of goods. 100g = ~$11 all-in. But the next $5 buys you >300g, and strangely thereafter the USPS doesn't further discount per unit of weight, so I'll assume they're keen to mail parcels more than half a pound and less than 2 1/4. Things have changed a ton with the rates since we began (back then, they had a small extra charge for ounce #1, and then it was completely linear for the first 32, though they did make you buy successively larger chunks of weight range at once).

Ya'll's problem is you're so damn far from everything, and especially the epicenters of these types of goods, that everything's going by air first and boat second, so your indigenous resellers need more allegiance than any anywhere. Here in Northern Florida we in Jacksonville Beach are technically upon a long (~30x1.5 mi.)island aside of the mainland US, connected by 5 bridges. South of that fifth bridge is a spit of land called Vilano Beach, and they have not much more there than some housing, a hotel, a bar, and a Publix supermarket. If those folks have half a brain, they sure as sh*t better be patronizing that Publix every chance they get, even though we can be sure that >99% of the Vilano Bch residents work off of that tiny thing and pass many a fellow Publix and other supermarket on their returns home from work.

We endure the same things sometimes with the items we import, because we mostly deal with small EU makers, and you can't move a small box and order without getting soaked competitively in the various shipping/banker/duty overheads, so you must await enough dearth of stock of the brand, no matter who in the infield's been off the pitch and for how long, until we can launch another ship.

I love soft Italian soaps; that's what I cut my teeth upon. When my wife and I went to the Cosmoprof tradeshow in Bologna 4wks back to hunt for new Europeans wares to hawk, we had 2 days extra in Bologna to shop, and in a dusty corner of an out-of-the-way perfumery I found a soft cream for which I paid a completely absurd 40 Euros - that's $56 USD for a 150g tub that likely didn't cost a Euro to produce, but when you're in the business and it is a brand you've never seen or heard of before in a snobby shop in Italy and you'll be gone in 2 days, you pull the damn trigger. Has a picture of a Canadian mounty on the front, and says "Pino Mugo". It is the finest soft cream odor I've ever put to nose, an overwhelming authentic pine signature (didn't think I even liked pine too much, and neither did my wife, whom extolled the stuff's supremacy from outside the hotel bathroom merely from being in nose-shot of the maiden voyage) and it is a terrible pity (and testament to how much great goo comes from Italy) that both the firm and this particular formula became deceased in 2010, with no near-fascilimes from opportunistic Italian cosmetics and friends just yet.

yes, me, jarrod. Will pop my face again in 'public' soon, as 2mro my kids will begin making the cue cards for a 'general how to use a coticule' manifesto video, to begin production this Saturday.

By the way, very good online shop you've got going there. I think I bought my one and only boar brush from there. It was the last of the Vulfix el cheapo boar brushes which they've stopped making.

By way of an update:
With all your help - and 'help' - and based on availability on-shore, I opted for a Duke 2 in Best. Also thought I'd try another store and went with Shaverhut. Nice fellas to talk to who offered great service and the brush arrived overnight. I've not touched it to soap or face yet and so will give some impressions once I do. Fear not, I might be new but I know you want a blow-by-blow account with copious photos - pre- and post- bloom and every small transition in-between. Your desires will be satisfied shortly.

Meanwhile a great looking accessory for the vanity.