SYD Sydney Special Meetup - 28 August 12-2pm @Katoomba

@filobiblic As much as i love Katoomba (great old motor racing track which i visit whenever i am down there visiting family, that is now abandoned but is a great place for photos etc) and i love to shave, but since i live in Brisbane i think its too far of a drive for a catchup hahahaha.

Thought about it, but yeah 11hr road trip each way :)

But it's only a 1 hour plane flight!?
(But true that it's another hour to get out of the mess that is called Sydney...)

You'll have to twist Con's arm to get him (& Kim) to meet you up in Brissy! [emoji6]

Awesome news!
(Don't forget to bring items both to share and sell/swap!
emoji41.png
)

I'm hoping my friend holidaying in the US will have my Sterling Splash's in my hands by then, I will bring them along including the sample pack intended for a PIF.

@filobiblic As much as i love Katoomba (great old motor racing track which i visit whenever i am down there visiting family, that is now abandoned but is a great place for photos etc) and i love to shave, but since i live in Brisbane i think its too far of a drive for a catchup hahahaha.
Catalina and Amaroo are two tracks I regret not driving on.
Managed the last day for Oran Park though :)

Preparations are on schedule for the Paste & Cut Shave Forums Meet-Up and The Stray Whisker "Afternoon with Charky" Event this Sunday in Katoomba...
We are really excited about meeting all of you. The Stray Whisker has organised catering for the event (light lunch and finger food).
Bring your favourite gear... come and chew the fat, have some lunch with us and meet our friend Peter Charkalis from the USA!
I have just returned from a meeting with venue management and am delighted with the space and overall facilities.
It is definitely worth while bringing your significant others, and dare I say it children, as there are a couple of art exhibitions on display as well as a very respectable cafe on site.

Here are some images from this morning's meeting (my sincerest apologies for the gargantuan sized images):

rStZbAe.jpg

rdLrTzh.jpg

fOIPQTY.jpg

Wjcs2Zr.jpg

oYA7lpL.jpg

hpjz5Kb.jpg

PMvWIys.jpg

Last edited:
Pfft, at the Darwin ones we don't need special guests or freebies to get all our members to attend!
No, you just poach them from interstate :)

I'm looking forward to several cups of coffee and a decent breakfast in that cafe after the 2hr drive from Sydney already @shavetheman.

The wife has a friend she is visiting along the way so I will be dropping her off prior to attending.

Quick couple of questions for @shavetheman that may be of benefit to others attending..
  • Will you have Eftpos facilities at the meetup ?
  • Is there an ATM on site or should we come loaded up with cold hard cash ?

Quick couple of questions for @shavetheman that may be of benefit to others attending..
  • Will you have Eftpos facilities at the meetup ?
  • Is there an ATM on site or should we come loaded up with cold hard cash ?

Another question to @shavetheman :)
Would it be possible to place an order on your web and pick it up on Sunday?

I just want to make clear that I'm sure Con won't be bringing stock to sell. He has already graciously said he will bring products that you pre-purchase so you're best to order online and buy BEFORE the meet.
This is a shaving meet to hang, chat and share products. The focus is on getting to meet and share with each other. Of course, there WILL be samples and goodies for trying, but the focus WON'T be on selling products.

If you are interested in smelling and comparing different items, then I'm sure if we post our interest here, @shavetheman may bring some testers along...
@shavetheman can you please bring for me to compare...
1. B&M Beaudelaire
2. B&M Cologne Russe

I'm interested in what @dewyter and @todras might bring along... I know that @borked and @SydBJW like to bring lots of goodies to compare. I plan to bring Washpool soaps and perhaps a few other random pickups.

I'm interested in what @dewyter and @todras might bring along... I know that @borked and @SydBJW like to bring lots of goodies to compare. I plan to bring Washpool soaps and perhaps a few other random pickups.

Other than a large bundle of cash, I was not planning on bringing anything...I envisaged this as some kind of mad-as-lather buy as much as you can from Con's massive range kind of deal with brief 'gudday's' grunted in-between buying as much as was humanly possible from either Con or from other members with rarities to sell :p

If my Stirling stuff comes in before the weekend I will bring it along, and I will bring the Chatillon Lux Balms along too.