SYD Sydney Special Meetup - 28 August 12-2pm @Katoomba

I'll, if attending, likely be bringing what feels like half B&M's and/or SH's soap catalogue for sniffing :)

I'll, if attending, likely be bringing what feels like half B&M's and/or SH's soap catalogue for sniffing :)

That sounds really wrong for some reason. Must be me.

In the spirit of RSVP I will regrettably be unable to attend this time around, professional reasons mostly. The travel time for me from Sydney being the main barrier as its a 3 hour trip each way and I have a particularly demanding client at the moment :(

I was trying to finesse my commitments on the day as I was looking forward to meeting you all and having the opportunity for a 'show and tell'. Truth be told I was planning on offering mark ludicrous amounts of money for some of his prized brushes but alas this time around it's not to be :p

Gentlemen,
We would love to see as many of you as possible at this meet-up.....a special guest and wonderful friend from the US will be in attendance.

30FTA6W.jpg

Last edited:
Charky is the height of class, those attending best ensure they measure up upon the day!
Oh and if you ask him ever so kindly, he may even bring you an order, if not already too late.

Charky is the height of class, those attending best ensure they measure up upon the day!
Oh and if you ask him ever so kindly, he may even bring you an order, if not already too late.

That's a good tip @borked but he may only have limited room (if any!) in his luggage. I know that Charky sells a mean travel strop amongst a plethora of other goodies.

Here's his store for those interested: The Shaving Shop.

For those undecided about coming all the way up the beautiful Blue Mountains...
The train (and any public transport) will only be $2.50 on your Opal Card! (Sunday fares are a flat rate $2.50 per journey.(y))

I'm out and that's okay because I'm unfit to drive all the way to Katoomba, have fun and watch out for highway patrol because they never give that easy day or night ;)

I'm out and that's okay because I'm unfit to drive all the way to Katoomba, have fun and watch out for highway patrol because they never give that easy day or night ;)

You could catch the train for $2.50 each way...

@filobiblic it to far out west for me to travel on public transport as I have cerebral palsy ;)

Ok. No worries! I can imagine it's a bit far for some people. It's a special meet hence the special location. [emoji6]
We'll have another one soon after a bit more local...

Someone has just generously provided a $50 voucher (to spend at TSW) as a 'Lucky Door prize' for the Sydney meet up the Mountains. (y) Make sure you are there as you have to be in it to win it!
Not sure if @MrT @Nonick @Question @Mark @Brendan @pyrokov @cranky @thisISjoel are coming...

@filobiblic As much as i love Katoomba (great old motor racing track which i visit whenever i am down there visiting family, that is now abandoned but is a great place for photos etc) and i love to shave, but since i live in Brisbane i think its too far of a drive for a catchup hahahaha.

Well it looks like I will make it afterall, could not possibly pass up a chance to meet such a colourful guest!

Awesome news!
(Don't forget to bring items both to share and sell/swap! [emoji41])