Stupid sexy Blackland Blackbird! Need help to decide...or stop myself 🤣

@StratMan you really need to stop chasing the BBS
LK91Bde.gif
because all your guitar collection isn't smooth as a baby bare bum, you just keep on

pFM88oH.gif

no chance!! i love the BBS and will always chase. Nothing wrong with chasing it these days anyway, never get razor burn or any negative reactions.. so I happily chase it daily

and to be honest that's when you know you have a precision instrument in your hands, BBS without any pain :)

I have to agree with Speedy on this one, but just go with what works for you. Try a lot of different blades, you find one that suits a particular razor. My favourites are Astra, Feathers and Clouds (don't tell Speedy about that last one though, apparently, it's the Arko of the blade world).

I love my Blackbirds, and will be ordering the Osprey very soon, but I'm just as happy with my older Gillette's.

no worries.. I am happy to say the BB killed my need for any other DE razor

A good thing about shaving with SE razors is there's not so many blades to choose from, but they're all good, even the Chinese No-Names (if you don't mind using them just once). So you can just pick the best that suits you and forget about it. I never thought I would need another GEM razor (only one practical choice of blade there) but when I spotted the Vestige, my RAD was ignited again. But it's going to be a long wait... :nailbiting:

Hopefully the Blackbird satisfies my DE needs forever. But next frontier is SE which I’ve never tried. I’m going to swear off razor buying for at least a year.

I purchased BB Lite SS after a certain "evil" pushed me to the corner to buy it. He actively pushed you as well. No regrets!
I find it very comfortable to use. Is it extremely efficient? Probably not. But it's efficient and comfortable enough for me as I easily get nicks and skin irritation but not with BB. As a comparison, I couldn't use Rocca, 3ONE6, or Game Changer 0.84 without nicks and irration. I only have three razors now. One EJ 89, Rockwell 6S and BB Lite. BB is my daily driver most of the time. I am sure you'll be happy with yours considering there is no difference in titanium and SS.

Stratman I'm extremely happy. Looks amazing. I'm getting great shaves most of the time. Still working out my what blades I prefer. Gillette Yellows maybe ahead for being forgiving. I know not to make definitive statements especially re blade choice so keeping an open mind.

Hand on my heart can I say it's a better end result than my old Rockwell 6C? I'm not sure I can. Both giving great shaves at the end of the day. Still no regrets...love to see it in the cabinet in the morning. I'll always wonder about the stainless version a little.

Stratman I'm extremely happy. Looks amazing. I'm getting great shaves most of the time. Still working out my what blades I prefer. Gillette Yellows maybe ahead for being forgiving. I know not to make definitive statements especially re blade choice so keeping an open mind.

Hand on my heart can I say it's a better end result than my old Rockwell 6C? I'm not sure I can. Both giving great shaves at the end of the day. Still no regrets...love to see it in the cabinet in the morning. I'll always wonder about the stainless version a little.
Try the Gillette Nacet or the Gillette Minora SS, not too sharp or too edgy against the Feather, but, it’s a lot smoother.

I have the TI model. I love this razor. However, I would get the stainless version. This is a unique type of razor, if you learn to use it as the designer intended. It is the only highly efficient razor I have used that can handle some pressure without being problematic.
My stainless R41 is sporting a titanium handle, because it is more pressure sensitive then the BB.
I wouldn't mind some extra weight on my BB.

The stainless blackbird is my favourite.
I dislike aluminium and titanium razors due to the light weight, but I find the steel BB to be perfect as I like the 90-100g range for a razor.

I agree the BB is less pressure sensitive, likely due to the smaller gap.
On certain areas of stubble, I apply slight pressure just to get that extra level of closeness!

Good to hear dangerman, glad it worked out well for you..

did you go for the Titanium? I got the SS, it only weighs in at around 90g I think from memory and for me its the perfect weight

cant really go wrong with blades for the BB, havnt had a bad one yet but what I can say is BIC is my favourite go to and not far behind are the super sharp Feathers.. I can say for sure that the BB is the one razor that has tamed this blade, only drawback to the feather is they dont last long at all for me, just 2 shaves maybe 3 at most but on the flip side they are so sharp and smooth in the BB

I just do 4 passes, two of which are ATG :)

Same here.
I do 4 passes daily.
At a couple of spots, even 8 passes won't get BBS without a tiny bit of pressure just to kind of "dig" at the stubble.

The BB allows this without any skin damage.