Brush: Vintage butterscotch Hoffritz Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux Weinstrasse shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Schick Krona
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (3)
Post-shave: Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux Weinstrasse splash
Fragrance: Chatillon Lux Weinstrasse EDT

Given @tim33z's mention recently I had to give it a run

bQuQRSVl.jpg

• Pre-shaved face wash with Pears Transparent (India).
  • Lathered with tallow Tabac and Chinese synthetic brush.
  • Shaved with Gold Dollar W59 6/8, Spanish point sharp and pointy.
  • Maintained on a 0.1μm pasted balsa and clean leather strop.
  • Protected with Renaissance wax.
Due to the BBS shave yesterday, I had little to shave today. I chose the W59 as it is currently my most favoured SR with which to shave. DFS+ result. All should be good for tomorrow morning's shave.

full

Pre-shave: Hot Shower

Given @tim33z's mention recently I had to give it a run

bQuQRSVl.jpg
But is it almost finished?

Feels a bit like this :unsure:

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Vie-Long 22mm Brown Horse Hair
Soap:- GEO.F.Trumper's - Spanish Leather
Blade:- Feather Professional Super
Razor:- Blackland - Vector SS

2BPdwzk.jpg

To exclude bad lather from the equation I decided to use GFT my goto for straight shaving ATM.
TBH if I want this much blade feel would rather use a straight. No weepers as a result just discomfort due to the blade feel.
Interested if any AC shavers use Feather Professionals regularly. From my experience would reserve them for the Artist Club Shavettes.

Last edited:
Interested if any AC shavers use Feather Professional Supers regularly. From my experience would reserve them for the Artist Club Shavettes.
Edit:
The Professionals don't inspire much in me. The Supers are a little fierce in the Vector, but I really like them in the Hawk V3 SB (standard).

Apologies @Gargravarr, I meant Supers, you don't find the blade feel a bit daunting? On first pass it feels like the bristles have been rolled up into little balls and left on the face rather than being removed with lather (Hay Bailing?). No weepers or irritation and DFS+ after 3 x WTG. If I ride the cap to reduce blade feel the blade becomes ineffective before I reach a comfortable level

Loving the software and the brush, the razor not so much ...

bQuQRSVl.jpg

Loving the software and the brush, the razor not so much ...

bQuQRSVl.jpg
Send it to the tip.

A8I4TKR.jpg

Brush: Yaqi Barberpole Tuxedo 30mm
Soap: Noble Otter Barrbarr
Razor: Rockwell 6C
Blade: Astra Green (1)
Post-shave: Alum block, Nivea Aftershave Balm and some of the Misuss' face stuff.

First week back in the shaving saddle and treated myself to some new software. First impressions of Noble Otter is sssllliiiiiccckkk ! I don't think I've felt something this slick ever (in my little experience) the glide was amazing. Post shave feel was excellent. The scent was just an added bonus as it reminded me of the talc my childhood barber would brush on your neck at the end of the haircut. DFS++ just shy of BBS thanks to some lacking in my technique.

Last edited:
Feels a bit like this :unsure:

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Vie-Long 22mm Brown Horse Hair
Soap:- GEO.F.Trumper's - Spanish Leather
Blade:- Feather Professional Super
Razor:- Blackland - Vector SS

2BPdwzk.jpg

To exclude bad lather from the equation I decided to use GFT my goto for straight shaving ATM.
TBH if I want this much blade feel would rather use a straight. No weepers as a result just discomfort due to the blade feel.
Interested if any AC shavers use Feather Professionals regularly. From my experience would reserve them for the Artist Club Shavettes.
I'm yet to try the Feather Professionals as not sure the reputation warrants a try as only purchased a single pack but found the Professional Super's comfortable and smooth when used with the Vector and Hawk V3 standard.
On the opposite scale to Titan Pink which felt really sharp and shaved too close but that may have been down to lack luster lather....?
So far the Schick Prolines P30's are my go to blade as smooth, sharp and fabulous shaves minus any fears of irritation or dullness with 12+ shaves before needing replacement.

I'm yet to try the Feather Professionals as not sure the reputation warrants a try as only purchased a single pack but found the Professional Super's comfortable and smooth when used with the Vector and Hawk V3 standard.
On the opposite scale to Titan Pink which felt really sharp and shaved too close but that may have been down to lack luster lather....?
So far the Schick Prolines P30's are my go to blade as smooth, sharp and fabulous shaves minus any fears of irritation or dullness with 12+ shaves before needing replacement.
With both you and @Gargravarr endorsing Supers in the Hawk I am starting to wonder if I am being overly sensitive or just a "big wuss". Then again didn't like the Rocca or R6S either.
Happy with no-names or P30's in both razors

With both you and @Gargravarr endorsing Supers in the Hawk I am starting to wonder if I am being overly sensitive or just a "big wuss". Then again didn't like the Rocca or R6S either.
Happy with no-names or P30's in both razors
I wouldn't say your a "wuss" as I only tried a few shaves using Hawk + Supers so would need to do long term testing but I found the Hawk a smidgeon less efficient than the Vector so less blade feel and a tolerable shave.

The Chinese No names were Ok but after a few shaves they become average and for the price point they're decent but much prefer the reliability of the Prolines as a good balance of sharpness and comfort. Much like a Wizamet or Minora Stainless.

Give them a few more shaves with different soaps and that way you should know for certain that the blade is the issue as that way the edge may smooth out....?

Again the Rocca and Rockwell 6S like many razors can be hit and miss and testing has me narrowed down to a handful of blades that work where others seem harsh and not worth a look in.

... I am starting to wonder if I am being overly sensitive or just a "big wuss".
Everybody's different. Which is why Gillette's one-size-fits-all cartridges end up fitting nobody very well. I have a big order of 600 Prolines winging its way from Japan, but most of them will get used in the Vector. My No-Names may never get used at all.

Everybody's different. Which is why Gillette's one-size-fits-all cartridges end up fitting nobody very well. I have a big order of 600 Prolines winging its way from Japan, but most of them will get used in the Vector. My No-Names may never get used at all.
Excellent investment and fingers crossed you don't go through the ring around I experienced with postage. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.