Brush: Elite Razor Fire & Ice 24mm Manchurian White
Soap: ‌House of Mammoth Hygge Shaving Soap

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Mocha Ismaili, Yemen

Yeah, it's almost like Omega want you to do this, they make it so easy to get the knot out. (Drill a hole in the bottom of the handle, punch out the knot from below, then make a cut or two in the collar and you're done.)

Funny thing with boars, until they're broken in, you don't want to use them. But you can only break them in by using them. It's worth it though, I'm enjoying this one immensely, and that handle (my first Forgotten Art work) is so comfortable in my hand. Thanks again. :)
To break in a Boar brush I apply the "use it" to break in principle, to do this I perform the following process: first a cleaning process with hot water soak followed by soap lather and rinse (perform this 3 times); let dry overnight; then for at least a week (2 weeks is better) each day perform a full test bowl lather with a scented budget shave soap. At the end of this process the brush should be well on the way to broken in and the animal smell dissipated. Hope this idea helps, it works well for me.

H- SOTD 13.08.22

…….The journey continues

Pre-shave:- Hot shower
Brush:- Grizzly Bay w/ Fanchurian knot
Soap/Aftershave:- Squadron - Ace
Razor: Blackland - Blackbird
Blade: Gillette 7o’clock Shadow
Moisturiser: Neutrogena - Hydro Boost

4-E507-C9-B-BD9-D-4-F31-A963-AA126-B365-A04.jpg

Great shave today.

Got a tub of Ace by Squadron Soap delivered today. Love the smell. Let the soap bloom for a few minutes and then used the bloom water to preload the old noggin!! The soap itself lathered really well - nice and thick, almost creamy.

Shaved using the Blackbird. Definitely felt like the a closer shave - but the Gillette yellows are pretty forgiving. The soap left a nice slick feeling - a pretty good combo!

I’m nearly out of DE Blades. Been looking at Speedy PCs Blade ranking thread. Want something somewhere between a Gillette Yellow & a Feather. Contemplating trying to get some Wizamet Super Iridium’s.

C

I’m nearly out of DE Blades. Been looking at Speedy PCs Blade ranking thread. Want something somewhere between a Gillette Yellow & a Feather. Contemplating trying to get some Wizamet Super Iridium’s.
You might be disappointed with that. IMO the Polsilver SI is quite a lot blunter than the Yellow, though many say it's smoother. (I'm not sure that I agree, and I really like the Yellow.) From what I've heard, the Minora or GSB might just suit your needs, or maybe the BIC. Good luck...

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C Auction LE shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw/Pasteur Pharmacy Timmermann shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable razor (6)
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (5)
Post-shave: Wholly Kaw/Pasteur Pharmacy Timmermann balm
Fragrance: Wholly Kaw/Pasteur Pharmacy Timmermann EDT

What a brush! Just the sort of thing you can get in a P&C Charity Auction

So easy to make lather in that bowl! Just the sort of thing you can get in a P&C Charity Auction

That Timmermann is great stuff! Just the sort of thing you can get in a P&C Charity Auction

With NO apologies @Gargravarr ;)

D03o8N3l.jpg

FgDt3GU.png

Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor: Gillette ‘83 D2 Super Adjustable 109 PD @4
Blade: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdgeYellow
Brush: RazoRock 400 Aluminum 24mm Noir Plissoft
Soap: ‌Luna Cosmetics Mentolado Shaving Soap

Last edited:
1.png

Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge cologne

...and same again. A perfect dolphin-butt shave (DBS) with no cuts, nicks or irritation. I must be getting old. ;):p

1.png

...and same again. A perfect dolphin-butt shave (DBS) with no cuts, nicks or irritation. I must be getting old. ;):p

I LOVE the idea of DBS!!!

I'm trying to get my head around the thought that some of you have been going around feeling dolphin's butts... :unsure:

I'm presuming that they are as smooth as their snouts

Shave of the Day (last 3-4 weeks actually)
Preshave cold water
Brush - vaious
Soap - Shaver Heaven Extreme Arctic Mango. I'm not a Mango fan (and I call myself a North Queensland??). Another couple of weeks and I'll finsh the tub to make some room in that drawer
Blade - kamisori
Postshave - cold water & alum block

I grip my straights very lightly. The first couple of uses since I'vr been back I had issues with the kamisori"hopping/jumping" like it was blunt and due for a hone. Thinking the other night that it wasn't blunt last time I used it. Because the handle is (approximately) 3 mm x 7mm of stainless steel as I ripped the plastic hand-grip off due to it looking very "un-tool like", ease of grip is not a strong point any longer. I found by taking a firm hold on the kamisori it slices the whiskers easily rather than "hopping". Working well but being designed as a one-handed tool, I'm still working on my contortionist/rubber-man skills.

So you go around feeling babies' butts? :eek:

Seems to me, the appropriate course can be found on any plastic bag: KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN.
:p
I have two daughters and in the process of changing nappies and bathing them I became aware of the smoothness of their butts. I can't say I've ever been in the position to clean a dolphin's butt or change it's nappy.

Not judging anyone here, but I'm not sure what you guys get up to in your spare time... ;)

DNqriAH.jpeg

SOTN 11.08.22
/ Oumo Goblin Lotustip
/ Noble Otter Monarch
/ Executive Shaving Claymore
/ Schick Proline (?)
/ The Ordinary Mandelic Acid 10% + HA
/ Nivea Skin & Stubble

UJECg1W.jpeg

SOTN 13.08.22
/ Yaqi Deep Stones
/ Maggards Mango Sage Tea
/ Muhle Rocca
/ Gillette Minora (4)
/ Nivea Skin & Stubble

DNqriAH.jpeg

SOTN 11.08.22
/ Oumo Goblin Lotustip
/ Noble Otter Monarch
/ Executive Shaving Claymore
/ Schick Proline (?)
/ Nivea Skin & Stubble

UJECg1W.jpeg

SOTN 13.08.22
/ Yaqi Deep Stones
/ Maggards Mango Sage Tea
/ Muhle Rocca
/ Gillette Minora (4)
/ Nivea Skin & Stubble
Yaqi sure do come top with some great handle designs :love:

#SOTD – SUN 14 Aug 2022

Sunday shave, featured soap is The Gentleman Floris - “No.89”, a vegetal triple-milled soap. No.89 scent was formulated in 1951 and a favorite of Ian Fleming, author of the James Bond spy series of books and in 2012 the soap took on further iconic status when it was used by Daniel Craig’s James Bond in a key scene in Skyfall. No.89 soap scent is described as: “Orange and bergamot blended with lavender and neroli give this scent its classical cologne aspect. Warmed with a touch of spicy nutmeg, the floral heart is underscored by the dominant woody accord of sandalwood, cedarwood and vetiver in this quintessentially English gentleman's fragrance.” Currently the soap in wooden tub is available on amazon.au for about AU$50.00.

SOTD-20220814-setup.png

Shave Result: With No.89 being a hard triple milled soap I shaved (with a sharp knife) about 0.8gm off the puck and pressed the shavings into the bottom of my lathering bowl then proceeded with my normal bowl lathering method: “damp brush+half teaspoon soap+add water slowly (20ml)” to build a rich, medium density, creamy lather. Lather performance was top notch IMO, slippery as snails snot. The scent is a wonderful classy classic clean woody floral aroma with some citrus and a 100% wife approval rating, medium scent strength. The “Standard Razors” AL razor is mild but the Tiger Platinum blade felt slightly rough, despite that still finished with a lovely DFS.

🎥Shave VIDEO🎥

The Gear:
+ Pre Shave: Nak Close Brushless Shave Cream [A]
+ Brush: Alpha “Jade” with 28mm G4 Knot
+ Soap: The Gentleman Floris (London) - “No.89”
+ Bowl: Fine Accoutrements
+ Razor: Standard Razors AL
+ Blade: Tiger Platinum (3)
+ Splash: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with menthol
+ Balm: Natio Men Calming After Shave [A]
+ After Shave: Malizia UOMO Vetyver AS
+ Moisturiser: Sukin for Men Facial Moisturiser [A]