Recommend me a watch

@neongas beat me to it, can't go wrong with a Seiko, value for money they are beautiful time pieces.

Grand Seiko gets into the pricey territory though.

Check out the Seiko Astron... drool worthy watch for me.
Recent seiko astrons look great as they got the sizes down with the same tech inside.

If you want analog, I would have actually suggested your Sinn for a suit (or first the equivalent Citizen Duratect titanium PMD56, which is a lot lighter), so I'm probably not much use to you.

If it was up to me though, the best watch for a suit is the Casio GW-5000 or GW-S5600 if titanium is preferred (I get nickel allergy from many stainless watches when it's warm and will never again under-estimate the comfort of light weight - at 47g, the GW-S is extremely comfortable!).

Digital, slim, goldilocks sized, easily legible, 24hr time, world time (two time zones at once ie GMT, which I really like when travelling), timer, stopwatch, alarms, solar, auto backlight etc etc, It's cheap as chips (relatively) and probably the most robust watch that money can buy. Looks great too, IMHO. I used to spend more on watches but can't justify it now - those more expensive versions have literally no benefits to me over one of these...

Look, I think having a specific dress watch for a suit is a good thing, but it really is not required. For certain events you would want to wear something a little dressier, but just for work almost anything will do. I wear my Jade Monster to work regularly.

You do not need to spend that much either. Orient Bambino, Seiko Cocktail time (of which I own the original release). You could step it up to something like a Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic. A Junghans Max Bill would fit in your budget if you like Bauhaus.

I'd probably be looking for a Frederique Constant at around the $1400-1650 mark if I could. THIS marks all my dress watch boxes - Guilloche dial, Romans, Breguet hands, Small seconds (or none). It's only missing blued hands. There is a range of different watches in this price category with some more traditional and some more modern but still in the dress category. You can even get a FC Moonphase for about $1500 from Starbuy right now. Not the one everyone wants which is more like $3k, but it's still very good.

There is a bunch of microbrands that do nice dress watches too. Often more expensive but there are some good ones that come in under 500 Euros so definitely in the price range.

Last edited:
Something to recommend at almost 1/3 of the price....

Bulova Wilton GMT - dressy with a touch of lume, GMT, domed sapphire, solid auto movement, leather deployant. In Steel/Blue and Gold/Silver for $579 @ Starbuy during BF/CM.

This is cracking value. It's worth it near RRP but you can get even better value at the $1500 price point so it's worth spending that bit more. But then this is more than 50% off RRP, you should go no further.