Recommend me a watch

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
I now have to wear suits… a lot.
I know, I’m as disappointed as you are..
All of a sudden my Sinn 556a is a bit out of place.
So, as you know I deserve nice things but am painfully unfashionable.. help me pick a watch.

I was thinking maybe Oris pointer date… or… I donno something around that 2-2.5k mark.

Keen to hear what u think

SINN 556 on the bracelet or a nice strap is definitely wearable with a suit, it may be a tool watch but it's still simple and tasteful.
Alternatively the Tissot PRX auto for half that amount is brilliant.
If you look pre-owned at around 2.5k you'll find a number of good options from the likes of Oris, Longines, and perhaps Tudor. It depends on your preference in size and style first though otherwise there's too many to list.

SINN 556 on the bracelet or a nice strap is definitely wearable with a suit, it may be a tool watch but it's still simple and tasteful.
Alternatively the Tissot PRX auto for half that amount is brilliant.
If you look pre-owned at around 2.5k you'll find a number of good options from the likes of Oris, Longines, and perhaps Tudor. It depends on your preference in size and style first though otherwise there's too many to list.
Tbh I almost bought a PRX this past weekend.. but the integrated bracelet is kinda … meh, overall I was just a bit unimpressed with it.
I’m quite happy to go used.
I was actually looking at black bay 36 and for the money I could see myself getting into an older ETA powered one.

Tbh I almost bought a PRX this past weekend.. but the integrated bracelet is kinda … meh, overall I was just a bit unimpressed with it.
I was actually looking at black bay 36 and for the money I could see myself getting into an older ETA powered one.
I like the older Black Bays a lot. I have a watches With ETA movements and they're fantastic. I love the PRX, but wear mine on a strap mostly now and it changes it a lot.
Another option too look at may be Nomos for something you don't see often. I've seen a couple around $2k recently.

I have the black bay 36 and love it.
Be aware that it is a 19mm lug width,so this may restrict strap choice.

Have you considered Longines? The anniversary 190th edition are nice watches. The price point you cite is where the entry level Swiss / ETA

Australia is sartorially very loose. You can wear everything from a diver to an Apple Watch with a suit.

And many people who wear a suit will take their jacket off any opportunity they can.

i love the BB58 and most will get away with it wearing a suit. Past your budget though.

How about https://nomos-glashuette.com/en/watches/families/orion

Just have collect watches with a 19mm lug width.

Grand seiko SBGY007 or similar elegance cased watches
Saxonia thin 37mm

Both very good with a suit!

You can surely get away wearing the Sinn 556A on a nice leather strap with a suit, pic below for reference.. I've seen FAR WORSE watch choices on many a wrist.
sinn_556a_pilot_watch_1465007266_87afbc3e.jpg

But if you're itching to buy something... how about the recent King Seiko?
2022-Seiko-King-Seiko-Collection-SPB283.jpg

2022-Seiko-King-Seiko-Collection-SPB281.jpg

You can surely get away wearing the Sinn 556A on a nice leather strap with a suit, pic below for reference.. I've seen FAR WORSE watch choices on many a wrist.
sinn_556a_pilot_watch_1465007266_87afbc3e.jpg

But if you're itching to buy something... how about the recent King Seiko?
2022-Seiko-King-Seiko-Collection-SPB283.jpg

2022-Seiko-King-Seiko-Collection-SPB281.jpg
Tbh I don’t mind the new King Seikos but for the money I think the SARB033/35 kinda fills the same gap, plus as dressier watches seikos seem to just build them a bit thick, not a deal breaker but just something I note.

As another option.
I’m thinking maybe save and get the aqua terra as that’s the dream of mine

Tbh I don’t mind the new King Seikos but for the money I think the SARB033/35 kinda fills the same gap, plus as dressier watches seikos seem to just build them a bit thick, not a deal breaker but just something I note.
The SARB series was the last of their value packed watches IMO.

Can’t go wrong with an aqua terra, preferably 38mm. I feel it’s better proportioned in real life.