Razorock Stealth - my 2 cents worth

If you want something to begin with - don't learn on this, it will reinforce bad habits

Again 100% agree with that, have tried to make this point for months now.
Yep. Understood and agree. I guess I thought that it would be a "step up" for someone starting with a DE (from a cart). But I can see - and agree with you - that it's more likely to reinforce bad habits early and not introduce more traditional DE razor techniques.
Consider the humble pie [emoji513] well and truly eaten. [emoji39]

Deuce Bigalow, is that you ?

Yep. Understood and agree. I guess I thought that it would be a "step up" for someone starting with a DE (from a cart). But I can see - and agree with you - that it's more likely to reinforce bad habits early and not introduce more traditional DE razor techniques.
Consider the humble pie [emoji513] well and truly eaten. [emoji39]

Been thinking about this some more.

You could start with a RRSS and use it as your only razor. This is very feasible, so in this way it could be OK for a beginner.

I suspect though that people will want more choices.

Your collection???

Curious the amount of versioning of this razor - did they just not get it right each time before or is it just very clever marketing?
If you go to the webpage you can't buy it. It's still considered a prototype. That's what I don't get. Almost a year (ok, well, 9 months but counting) and it's still a prototype. Wouldn't you have testing and then a general release?
I think it's marketing... But of course Joe may still not be happy with it. However he's just released a new razor the same way. So that points back to marketing...

Which probably had some effect on my review

I think we would have had a production razor by now, if people had not bitched about the V1 being to mild and not out of SS...

Then he tried to make them more aggressive, which IMO resulted in loss of smoothness and so the endless quest for more aggressive with same smoothness started...and will probably never end...

The new one was the first batch - therefore prototype is correct. I guess it depends on the verdict of the customers...having said that, it seems to be way easier to produce a SB than a slant had.

...having said that, it seems to be way easier to produce a SB than a slant had.
Too true!

And what about those customers, eh?!? Get rid of them I say!!!

Well as betrayed by my SOTD, I had my inaugural shave with the RRSS. Big thanks once again to @Lifes a Peach for his faith and charity. I will be using this razor for the rest of this week...and then back home to Papa Peach.

I'm a little concerned that both @filobiblic and @Mark1966 talked about the RRSS teaching bad habits - as this first shave was a damned fine one - so the razor might betray some inherent deficiencies in my technique. Then again look at its profile compared to one of my other favourites?

k0gynRp.jpg

Does this account for something?

Folks said the RRSS is mild so I loaded a Feather. Man this was sooooo smooth, but I did get a few little micro nicks - all of which disappeared at the cold water splash. Not jumping to any conclusions as yet but I fear I might be submitting a minority report on this razor as so far so very good.

We'll see as the week progresses.

BTW: Which version is this LaP?

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to have my first shave with a RRSS (v1) tonight thanks to @alfredus. Let's not beat around the bush here - this is an outstanding razor.

Looks: Handle is great. Head is fugly.

Weight: I found it just right. I've changed my mind on aluminium razors.

Efficiency: I didn't notice a difference on my cheeks but it came into its own on my chin & neck. I'm not sure if it was due to the slanted blade or not but it was extremely easy to find the right angle on my neck. Much easier than with any other razor I've used.

Comfort: Insane. I went for three passes. During the shave I could hardly tell if it was cutting or not. After the shave, Pinaud VIBR (which is known to burn with the best of them) hardly registered at all. I disagree with what others have said - I believe this is the ideal starter razor.

Business model: Horrible.

I'll be using this sucker exclusively for the next fortnight.

I disagree with what others have said - I believe this is the ideal starter razor.
On the basis of comfort? Efficiency? Ease of use?

Perhaps yes for the above reasons. But the cutting angle and uniqueness of shaving means that it's nothing like a "standard" DE. A beginner to using this won't learn most of the techniques associated with a DE.

Business model: Horrible.
Agreed by all.

On the basis of comfort? Efficiency? Ease of use?

Yes, on those bases. I agree it's nothing like a standard DE but it does seem to fit in quite nicely between a cartridge and a standard DE on a number of levels. I feel it would be a nice segue between the two worlds.

Yes, on those bases. I agree it's nothing like a standard DE but it does seem to fit in quite nicely between a cartridge and a standard DE on a number of levels. I feel it would be a nice segue between the two worlds.
I agree with your assessment of where it sits in the spectrum. However the argument then goes: is it better to simply start with a DE and new techniques, or use a "half-way" hybrid that reinforces the wrong technique and will require unlearning those habits if you wish to progress?
I think most would say it's best to learn on a "standard" DE and then try the RRSS second. It is @Leisureguy who always states a slant is a good second razor. I would put this in the same category; different to the usual.