Omega boar brush $20

Google is your friend. :whistle: Took me 20sec to find that, so clearly you'd be eligible to get full refund/replacement on item + return postage costs reimbursed. Plus I am almost certain from what they say about Nathan@MB he'd make sure you're compensated/correctly handled. Contact MB express your concerns and I'm sure they'll say to return it at gratis cost to you.

Returning an item – postage and return costs
Returning small and medium-sized items
You are responsible for returning small and medium-sized items, such as a watch or microwave, to the store or seller. If you bought the item online, this means you must initially pay the return postage, shipping or courier costs.

Once the store or seller has the item, they will assess the problem. If the item has a major or minor fault, you are entitled to recover the return costs from the store or seller.

PS A sharp blade is a GOOD THING - so nothing to be afraid of at all. To say otherwise is like the non-cooks who say that they're afraid of using a knife because it's TOO sharp, it's the blunt blade & knife that will be far more likely to end up cutting you - not the very sharp ones.

Jesus we're talking about a shaving brush not Chernobyl. If it keeps shedding send it back. No need to be hasty about that decision, a brush can shed a lot to start with and then stop. Maybe the quality control person in the factory in charge of combing out the loose hairs had a bad day. If the knot is actually buggered as in a bad batch of glue or the knot wasn't formed properly leaving a huge percentage of unglued bristle etc etc then the thing will keep shedding forever.

I think Drubsta is suggesting a spreadsheet tracking the daily shed hair count...

The point is, boars do not shed. Not that many at least during washing out. To have it happen from the outset and afterwards is a concern.

As it's a low cost item, Nathan may well cover the return postage. We don't need to get consumer protection law happening here. Good retailers don't fuck around with customers.

Make the call...

Make a call, no need to boar them with details- it's a simple problem, there's no use splitting hairs over it. They won't brush you off, it's not like it's a really knotty problem for them to replace it.

Make a call, no need to boar them with details- it's a simple problem, there's no use splitting hairs over it. They won't brush you off, it's not like it's a really knotty problem for them to replace it.
You literally are our shaving clown mascot aren't you?!? [emoji14]

Yes, yes I do. I haven't used it much. I ended up with a ingrown hair in the side of my cheek, so grew a 5 day beard to cover it :/

My original boar actually came good. Haven't had a hair shed since so I'm glad I stuck with it. As for the boar you guys sent me, I have only used it twice due to above reason. Although it is only a few dollar price difference to my rose wood brush they actually differ quite a bit. It's a much smaller knot and has a smaller loft. I felt this gave me a lot more brush control. I don't feel either are better than the other but just quite a different experience between them, where I was expecting them to be fairly similar other than the handle.

The personna red blades you sent me were intrusted to the task of mowing through a 5 day beard yesterday. They worked excellent. Mowing through a thick beard like that coupled with my super sensitive skin and I was expecting at best a bit of irritation, however I had none and no nicks either. I think they might be another favourite for me.

The personna red blades you sent me were intrusted to the task of mowing through a 5 day beard yesterday. They worked excellent. Mowing through a thick beard like that coupled with my super sensitive skin and I was expecting at best a bit of irritation, however I had none and no nicks either. I think they might be another favourite for me.
Glad you got on with the IP Reds - they're a handy blade to have in the drawer mate. What were they loaded into?

Only using a EJ DE89 at the moment. Looking at buying a merkur 30c in the next couple of days tho.

Only using a EJ DE89 at the moment. Looking at buying a merkur 30c in the next couple of days tho.
The guys on here are getting to you aren't they? I know there is some serious love on here for the 30C - even makes me curious at times, as I'd like to see if it is the razor to unseat the Weber PH.

My new little gifted piggy has become my go to brush over the past 2 weeks. I love the size being smaller than my other brushes.

On another note my 30c arrived on Friday. Apparently im not allowed to have it till xmas - but i was allowed to have a peak. The size threw me off a bit, I didnt expect it to be so small. At a guess its a good 3-4cm shorter than my de89 and the handle is half the thickness. Build quility looked better than i expected too, very well made with the black handle and mild knurling.

Drubbings favourite tool? *sniggers*
Oh, you better believe that's a banning!
Further validates my belief there is a Simpsons quote for every moment of life :)

My new little gifted piggy has become my go to brush over the past 2 weeks. I love the size being smaller than my other brushes.

On another note my 30c arrived on Friday. Apparently im not allowed to have it till xmas - but i was allowed to have a peak. The size threw me off a bit, I didnt expect it to be so small. At a guess its a good 3-4cm shorter than my de89 and the handle is half the thickness. Build quility looked better than i expected too, very well made with the black handle and mild knurling.
Great news on the little piggy - got to say it was a beaut. Better than what I've experienced of the Smog 1305 so far.

Well the Weber would give you a little more width and heft than the EJ89. Maybe next?