Omega boar brush $20

10-15 hairs in the first use, where's all the Omega haters ?

Now, now stop stirring up shit @borked . In the old days here I used to do that just to get somebody to post and then at times I'd be replying to my own post. It got lonely here. I even, in desperation, started the the first shave of the day thread. Those days are gone now. I can't keep up with all the crap you guys go on about anymore.

Now, now stop stirring up shit @borked . In the old days here I used to do that just to get somebody to post and then at times I'd be replying to my own post. It got lonely here. I even, in desperation, started the the first shave of the day thread. Those days are gone now. I can't keep up with all the crap you guys go on about anymore.
If an observation is shit stirring, you best hold onto your fedora mate when I do let loose ;)

I liked the above post but then thought the better of it and unliked it again. I'm just wondering, if I like a post that will obviously get registered but if I unlike it will the like get wiped off? Just want to know if my attempts at shit stirring are getting across. It gives me a childlike pleasure but it's probably futile.

Last edited:
HMMMM.. I woke up to the above posts this morning and thought you were all being a bit ruff, send a brush back over a few loose hairs considering it is brand new?
I walked in to the bathroom this morn and brushed through my open hand a few times - 2 hairs came out. Made a bowl lather and another 4 shed. Im still a bit hesitant to send it back maybe ill just give it a week? What if the shedding is done now?

Thanks @stillshunter your a legend, super nice offer.

HMMMM.. I woke up to the above posts this morning and thought you were all being a bit ruff, send a brush back over a few loose hairs considering it is brand new?
I walked in to the bathroom this morn and brushed through my open hand a few times - 2 hairs came out. Made a bowl lather and another 4 shed. Im still a bit hesitant to send it back maybe ill just give it a week? What if the shedding is done now?

My recommendation:
Take me up on my offer and send that shedder back…while you can. They might be less prepared to honour the refund/exchange/credit if you mail them back a handle with a single hair hanging precariously in the centre.

Seriously I'd use @SmallYetDeadly 's PIFed brush and ask for either another brush - if you "need" another brush - or if you'd prefer software, then use store credit for a soap/cream you're keen on. Having used the Omega I'm sending you once, I can see you being happy with it for a while mate - so recommend some nice Cella or Speick.

But, again, just my recommendation. Let's see what others think.

Send it back mate. I've never heard of a boar doing that. The knot must be a dud, it will only carry on losing more. Badgers are different, it's hair and it's finer and some will miss the glue. Boar doesn't. Nathan will replace it without argument I'm sure. Just give him a call.

I liked the above post but then thought the better of it and unliked it again. I'm just wondering, if I like a post that will obviously get registered but if I unlike it will the like get wiped off? Just want to know if my attempts at shit stirring are getting across. It gives me a childlike pleasure but it's probably futile.
I can confirm your puerile actions have been noted, despite nil formal registration ;)

OP, it is faulty. Send it back as others are recommending.

Send it back mate. I've never heard of a boar doing that. The knot must be a dud, it will only carry on losing more. Badgers are different, it's hair and it's finer and some will miss the glue. Boar doesn't. Nathan will replace it without argument I'm sure. Just give him a call.

That knot's been Portuguesied. An unfortunate event for any italian.

Yea ok its going back. I'll give them a call tomorrow.
I just came home and thought I'd give it 1 last chance and lathered up a cheap Palmolive stick, lost another 3 hairs in the process.
The outside has now gone rather shaggy and the outer hairs are now bent out to the side? Is this also normal?

If it came with a stand you need to make sure you don't catch hairs in it. That will bend hairs around the edge nigh on 90 degrees.

7.10.14.pn.jpg

My Smoggie above is 4 years old now. I'd say it has looked more or less like that since the 6 month mark. Boars are in general a bit 'messier' than badgers.

Yea ok its going back. I'll give them a call tomorrow.
I just came home and thought I'd give it 1 last chance and lathered up a cheap Palmolive stick, lost another 3 hairs in the process.
The outside has now gone rather shaggy and the outer hairs are now bent out to the side? Is this also normal?

Doesn't sound normal.

OK. Update, i gave it another try this morning thinking it would be my last before i sent it back later in the day. Did a face lather with some body shop cream, all good and no shed. If it doesnt shed tomorrow im thinking ill keep it? Im nervous, tomorrow im trying my first feather blade shave.....

I'd still phone MB and tell them what's happened, and that you're going to monitor it.
That's great advice right here. That way if the shedding starts again, MB aren't hearing it anew….

I'd still phone MB and tell them what's happened, and that you're going to monitor it.

Jesus we're talking about a shaving brush not Chernobyl. If it keeps shedding send it back. No need to be hasty about that decision, a brush can shed a lot to start with and then stop. Maybe the quality control person in the factory in charge of combing out the loose hairs had a bad day. If the knot is actually buggered as in a bad batch of glue or the knot wasn't formed properly leaving a huge percentage of unglued bristle etc etc then the thing will keep shedding forever.

Yea will do. It's more so it's a $20 brush, it will cost me around $10 to send it back plus the hassle of packaging and posting so it almost isn't worth doing if there is a chance the shedding has stopped? Im contacting MB now anyway to let them know.
I didn't use it this morning I wussed out of using the feather, thought it best to save it for the weekend in case I end up going to work looking like a I had a fight with a cat.