New member from Sydney

Welcome @karol.elec. There is nothing wrong with trying to lean SR shaving from YouTube provided you also study the instructions here:

To learn honing on a budget, you can start here:

Shave-ready straight razors are being given away here:
You should be eligible if you post on P&C at least once a day for another four days.
Hi
I have read your manual and this is eye opening.
A few little changes improved my shaving straight away.
First and the most important not using pressure. Wanting to shave closer I was repeating the same difficult spots with more pressure having razor burns. I did not expect that was waaaay to much. Now after shave I feel only a bit but it was nice. I did not get perfect shave in difficult spots but my skin feels way better.
2. Proper washing face with soap before shaving. Sometimes I was even putting some moisturiser to feel more slickness. It was kind of working for the first pass but with this proper washing shaving gone better.
3. Wetting my face a few times before face lathering. Before even when my lather was quite wet after pass it was completely dry. There was nothing like I have seen on you tube people can make another moves when there is no more lather. In my case there was nothing like residual slickness. Blade would stop in spot and was easy to cut that way. Today it went better.

Is there any way to mark this post as very helpful? It helped me a lot👍🏻
Thank you

Hi

I have just joined the group and I’m very excited about that.
Shaving with a straight razor for last year and a half. Still learning from youtube😂

Hope this forum is not going to cost me a fortune😂

Have a great day👍🏻
Welcome to P&C some generous straight shavers on this forum will make you most welcome as well as the wider wet shaving brethren, enjoy!

Welcome aboard @karol.elec, you'll find no shortage of helpful advice here. If what you're looking for is a reference edge, @rbscebu has a reputation for producing fine ones, and he has been very generous with them. I think there is still a delay of a few weeks before new members can access the trade threads, and I don't know if that includes PIFs, but feel free to ask around for whatever you're looking for.

Welcome, @karol.elec - you've found a great shaving Forum.
Lots of great guys here full of good advice and bad manners. :p
Thats exactly why I have joined.
I have been reading this forum for more than a week before I joined. I really like that people can discuss in polite manner. There is a lot of knowledge here as well. Really like that👍🏻

Thank god because otherwise we would all be as incredibly handsome as you 😀.
qLbqgxI.gif

I have looked at the SODT tread and I have to say you have a really beautiful razors.
Filharmonicas, Koraat…. What a gems😍
I think you’re going to panic and start reaching out your credit card, and start searching online, IF, you’re lucky enough your wife doesn’t break your bloody skull before Christmas.

I think you’re going to panic and start reaching out your credit card, and start searching online, IF, you’re lucky enough your wife doesn’t break your bloody skull before Christmas.
😂

I have just spent too much because of Black Friday. Have to enjoy what I have for a moment😂. And fix my honning as I assume blunt filharmonica is still not the best shaver😂

But if there will be some amazing deal I can not fight against the whole world😂😂😂

Last edited:
😂

I have just spent too much because of Black Friday. Have to enjoy what I have for a moment😂. And fix my honning as I assume blunt filharmonica is still not the best shaver😂

But if there will be some amazing deal I can not fight against the whole world😂😂😂
Just making sure that you fully understand when having a wife, there’s no such thing as free money in this world. Make sure you have a bloody helmet or a hard safety hat to protect your head against you know who, that she mustn’t be named.

Just making sure that you fully understand when having a wife, there’s no such thing as free money in this world. Make sure you have a bloody helmet or a hard safety hat to protect your head against you know who, that she mustn’t be named.
How do you know my wife?
😂😂😂