March 2015 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried vigoroso or suave to be able to compare the blue with them?
I'll be grabbing a 400ml bottle of one of them when I eventually run out of the half bottle of vigoroso I still have in the den.

I believe I tried vigoroso from peach but wouldn't be able to recall the scent. The blue I sampled was mild and fresh with a slight talc sweetness.

Floid Blue is good stuff. It's a classic barbershop scent with a touch of menthol.

Z7G8Hi7.jpg

Just unwrapped a tub of Shannon's Amaretto soap - secured in a blade trade on FB (thanks @filobiblic for the intro). Now this scent is all Mediterranean...not so much being balsamic or simply almond but ALMOND! yep loud, garish and unsubtle. Hhhheeelllllloooo ladies!

Just as the maker said on FB:
So I don't know about this Amaretto I made today. I used less fragrance than I usually do because the scent is "intense" and it smells different than it did in the bottle. Think more amaretto with maraschino cherries. I have 8 of them though. We'll see what Bri thinks when he gets home.

Know nothing about Shannon's Soaps but since this is only one of the 8 tubs produced...I'm more than a little curious as to how she lathers.

Last edited:
Just caught up with the FaTip Grande - Big thanks to Nightguard, easiest deal ever - posted same day as contact! (y)

Razor cleaned to perfection, looking shiny and new, bubble wrapped inside and outside.

Look forward to using it tomorrow!

Also got some great Stirling balms, which are a bit strongly scented for me, so may be listed shortly :(

Just caught up with the FaTip Grande - Big thanks to Nightguard, easiest deal ever - posted same day as contact! (y)

Razor cleaned to perfection, looking shiny and new, bubble wrapped inside and outside.

Look forward to using it tomorrow!

Also got some great Stirling balms, which are a bit strongly scented for me, so may be listed shortly :(
Black Cherry per chance ?

Had the pleasure of meeting @Anthony today. Such a nice guy (y) He brought in my order. Then it was off to lunch with the rest of the gang for some Schnitzel and Arcobräu Zwicklbier (pale ale).

TJacSVs.png

Had the pleasure of meeting @Anthony today. Such a nice guy (y) He brought in my order. Then it was off to lunch with the rest of the gang for some Schnitzel and Arcobräu Zwicklbier (pale ale).

TJacSVs.png

That is AWESOME. Totally jealous.

I am very jealous too - but because of the Schnitzel and the Zwickl!!! Would kill for a good Schnitzel at the moment, don't know where to get one in Adelaide :(

Thanks to the decent fella that is @stillshunter I now have a near new stick of SIM and a suspiciously familiar smelling small vial with Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails labelling, yet suspect isn't!

[...] and a suspiciously familiar smelling small vial with Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails labelling, yet suspect isn't!
It is, oh please, please know it is, as it's the last sample size I had left of Co'9T...other than the small bottle I have. So if you are that suspicious then please just send it back.
....hmmm, or I s'pose you could be seeing through another of my bluffs, which it's not of course. ...anyway I wouldn't do that, I'm a nice guy remember....or am I?
Hmmm, now do you splash this on your freshly shaven face? Either way please do remember this...

Reactions: MrT
Will be interesting and save if for the depths of winter.
Fave comment upon that video...
Reminds me of 'Beck' and the song "Loser" where he says "So shave your face with some mace in the dark...."

Romera Manchurian bulb.

After trying peaches for a week , the knots in these are superb!

So much so I sold my M&F to pay for it and still get to pocket $80 [emoji6]

Status
Not open for further replies.