COFFEE

Well I've never really tried the whole self roast, separate grinder, miniature professional machine thing. I like what the Nespresso does which would be sacrilege in the eyes of some. Pity the pods are so damn expensive but it's a stupidly simple concept and some really nice coffees.

Same here. Had a Saeco or three for donkeys year. Then got a Nespresso and found out that regardless of beans we used, the saeco was shit in comparison.

Nespresso make too many pods for them all to be good, but I like 3 of them a lot. Better than any coffee I've had for $4.50 anywhere else. I'm not a coffee snob, but I can tell burnt or over milked shit when I taste it.

I completely inadvertantly bought an earlyish Krups Nespresso machine back in the mid-90's - pre-net days so I had no idea what Nespresso was until I had already bought it and was like,"WTF?" It's stay was somewhat brief before I sold it off to another unassuming sod.

I did find it amusing/interesting that the whole pod coffee thang was almost unheard of for many a year before exploding back onto the scene a few yrs back. No-one with any nouse will get snobby about them as they're great for people who want them and are a lot better than someone trying to make a badly tamped shot on their entry level Sunbeam, thats not been cleaned this year and the coffee is supermarket stuff thats been badly sealed and living in the freezer since it was opened several months ago.

First, artisan soaps etc

Now, home roasting coffee

What will @gthomas04 think of this ...

No problems whatsoever @Mark1966. In the same way I have nothing but admiration for @Nick the Knife and his brew your own soap. Of course if the coffee guys get like the artisan soap mob and discover on a weekly basis a new bean with top notes of fresh camel dung and undertones of decaying fish that is only grown in a hidden valley in Whereveristan but be quick because it is in limited supply so get your order in now :) then I might begin to wonder. Bah humbug I say.

No problems whatsoever @Mark1966. In the same way I have nothing but admiration for @Nick the Knife and his brew your own soap. Of course if the coffee guys get like the artisan soap mob and discover on a weekly basis a new bean with top notes of fresh camel dung and undertones of decaying fish that is only grown in a hidden valley in Whereveristan but be quick because it is in limited supply so get your order in now :) then I might begin to wonder. Bah humbug I say.
It does get like that at time GT - as Australia is but a small backwater in the coffee world, we only get dribs and drabs of some of the better coffees that come from war torn countries on East facing hillsides at constant temperatures of 23C with 1750mm rain per year on ferrugenous soils 23 kilometres from the equator etc etc. And some of the real tragics really get excited about that.

See Yemen Bani Ismail as an example of this.

It does get like that at time GT - as Australia is but a small backwater in the coffee world, we only get dribs and drabs of some of the better coffees that come from war torn countries on East facing hillsides at constant temperatures of 23C with 1750mm rain per year on ferrugenous soils 23 kilometres from the equator etc etc. And some of the real tragics really get excited about that.

See Yemen Bani Ismail as an example of this.

I am sure it does @eggbert, just as long as you fine coffee devotees on this forum don't wander down that track please please please.

If I was a crueler man I would have already created a thread about the best coffee beans just for you. But I'm not - I'll save that for one of our resident hipsters to do.

Spoken like the gracious and true gent... bloke you are GT !

I got knocked back on a Visa application to Whereveristan. Borders are all closed. :cool: I blame the Russians.

Yeah, never seen that one before. Thanks for the link. A bit pricey for what it is but certainly gives an idea of what options are out there.

Yeah, it is a bit rich, hence the potential opportunity while the buyer of the household is in China.

You used the wrong Passport.
World_Passport_Cover.jpg

It's a continuation from my World Passport post, in reply to non acceptance of a visa to Whereveristan ")

And is obviously, unless you've had a SOH transplant, a joke.

Stateless/Refugee/Immigrant stuff goes beyond what we permit here. This is not 'Reclaim Australia'. Everyone in this country - regardless of where you are from or which church you go to, if any - has a right to live their lives without violence.

I have had to put some people right back in their places who make me ashamed to be Australian in the past 12 months, one with threats of physical violence towards me and also to the lady and her daughter I stepped in to protect against such abuse.

Jokes about non-existent states is fine by me. There was a step too far here.

Stateless/Refugee/Immigrant stuff goes beyond what we permit here. This is not 'Reclaim Australia'. Everyone in this country - regardless of where you are from or which church you go to, if any - has a right to live their lives without violence.

I have had to put some people right back in their places who make me ashamed to be Australian in the past 12 months, one with threats of physical violence towards me and also to the lady and her daughter I stepped in to protect against such abuse.

Jokes about non-existent states is fine by me. There was a step too far here.

Well said @Monsta_AU if I could I would dish out several hundred "Likes" and a barrel of Trophy points.