August 2015 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent, I knew someone would know all about these...
I'm sure quite a few here know all about these razors. It's just I was the first to reply. [emoji6]

For those born in the 1970's and 1980's these are a popular "birth razor" to obtain.

Last edited:
If they are similar to the Slim then probably start with a 4 or 5 for mild effect or 5 or 6 for a more aggressive.
I suggest you start low and move up until you find a level that matches your preferences and the blade you are using
With my Slim I tend to hover around 5/6 but if I put a feather blade in then I'll drop down to 3/4 (actually first time I used a feather I started on 1).

Also, these are more aggressive than a Slim. You need to take 2 off the quoted number, so if I say I use it in a Slim @ 5, then you want to set it to a 3.

I'd start at 2 on these to be honest.

Mail call :)

20361809986_b514306a14_c.jpg

20379474022_3f802d7c99_c.jpg

20200070598_c794646bf5_c.jpg

20361828096_1dcfa06f7f_c.jpg

20388076005_033f5fc79f_c.jpg

20361817886_1666c5e7ca_c.jpg

20379485622_db401ef3c2_c.jpg

The soaps smell great, particularly the Razorock. Super excited to use them. The brush will be great (custom 1305 for Italian Barber), but not looking forward to the break-in period.

Now the slim I'm super happy about. $50 from eBay, including delivery. The instructions are in pretty rough shape, but it's cool to have them. The case isn't broken at all, but the plastic could do with a polish.

I'm certain that the blade packet is from the mid 70s, where as the slim is 1966 (L4). So, does anyone have a packet of blades I could have/purchase that would be representative of what would have come in the original packet? I'd like to display it in the box. Maybe @Monsta_AU or @Mark1966?

Will have to find an advert from around that era to identify the right blade pack I think.

Really nice pickup though!

@MrT , thats a stunning Slim - great buy at that price as I reckon even a user grade one is worth $50, so you did very, very well there!

That Catie's Bubbles scent sounds very nice Oakmoss (always a winner in a masculine scent) with the Patchouli and Sandalwood to soften it up a tad. I'd imagine it'd be pretty BOLD but nice in theory anyway.

Will have to find an advert from around that era to identify the right blade pack I think.

Really nice pickup though!

So it seems that they often came with something like this:

1963%20Slim%20I3%20black%20case.jpg

Are those blades easy to come by?

Last edited:
@MrT , thats a stunning Slim - great buy at that price as I reckon even a user grade one is worth $50, so you did very, very well there!

That Catie's Bubbles scent sounds very nice Oakmoss (always a winner in a masculine scent) with the Patchouli and Sandalwood to soften it up a tad. I'd imagine it'd be pretty BOLD but nice in theory anyway.

I like it. My wife said it smells like vegetables (in a good way I think).

Beautiful cased razor @MrT - congratulations!

I like it. My wife said it smells like vegetables (in a good way I think).

How would you describe the Razo Rock scent ? I tried to describe it a slightly sweet tobacco, I am not good at describing it but I like it.

How would you describe the Razo Rock scent ? I tried to describe it a slightly sweet tobacco, I am not good at describing it but I like it.
I like it too. Very much. I'll attempt to describe it in more detail later :)

Almost forgot about this - will be a while before I have the time and courage to use it though...
UniversalShavetteNewS_zpsoy3wwgl4.jpg
Nice. Although it will be harder to take than a true straight razor.

What are you doing mate? Competition to the Traveling Box ?
Just keeping myself occupied. Being the last PCTB3 recipient, I've got like half a year before the Col. Conk and half box of Derbys arrives.

Got to say the degree of @SydBJW 's generosity will see me still dipping into these sample pots when the PCTB4 is doing the rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.