Not open for further replies.
Was the reverse labelling ^^^ an artistic flair? [emoji14]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416784942.441247.jpg

Brush: Frank Shaving ST
Soap/Cream: Mike's Natural Peppermint & Rosemary
Razor: Gillette Rocket
Blade: Mühle [2]
After-shave: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

I was kindly lent the Mike's Peppermint & Rosemary by @borked. I must say the scent is gorgeous. After trying the Simpsons cream of the same scent, I was expecting some more icy cool but I guess Mike tries to have natural soaps... Expectations huh?

Performance was great. Lathery goodness with good slickness. Not as much cushion but I'm going to give it a few more shaves before my final evaluation.

Speaking of using for a few shaves, the Mühle razor blades - wait! - you need to go here... [emoji4]

I reached for the Myrsol Agua Balsamica naturally. After applying I thought - what about the peppermint Myrasol!? But with strong rosemary tones, the Myrasol AB is just as good a follow through IMO. Such a lovely herbaceous scent.

Oh Personna Super Stainless Ultra Chrome - how I have missed you!

Brush: Vulfix #374 Super
Soap/Cream: Simpsons Peppermint & Rosemary (@borked Sample)
Razor: Slim (9)
Blade: Personna Super Stainless Ultra Chrome (fresh) (also sent two to @borked)
After-shave: Nil

Damn these blades are sharp first time out. Definite BBS in most areas except just under chin & jawline which always is problematic for me.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416797152.738267.jpg

Razor: 37c
Blade: Bolanzo (1st shave)
Brush: plisson size 12 hmw
Cream: Baum.be
ASB: GF Trumper skin food

Really enjoy the performance of this cream. Smell is very nice and leaves the skin hydrated. Very slick and easy to lather.

No 13 with the P74. Still going strong. Pretty amazing. Am resisting the temptation to replace it because I'm bored.

As for the rest:
Wannabe Wee Scot wee little re-knot brus
SIM cream

Brush: Thater 49125
Soap: Occam's Original
Razor: Pureman OC
Blade: Personna Med Prep
Aftershave: TOBS Shaving Shop AS Lotion

Thater and Occams worked very well together. My first ever silvertip and the softness of the knot is deceiving when charging, think I got a little - but I got a lot!!! Lathered enough to also shave my dogs, cat, horses and half the cows. Pureman was OK. I think a Gillette NEW is smoother. Want that handle but! I will shave one more time with it - half face Pureman, the other half Fatip - to see how they compare. First time with the TOBS Shaving Shop AS lotion - smelt and felt tops!!!!

Confess @Pjotr you have had laser hair removal on your face and all you are really doing is removing lather from whiskerless skin :)

Sad thing is I think he wanted to hate it, or at least find it was a MUM blade.
It has lasted longer than I've allowed any of the other vintage blades to go, but I might push a spoiler or Schick that little but further next time I use one to see just how far they will go.

Razor: Gillette New Long Comb
Brush: B&B Boar
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Soap: Sir Irisch Moos Shave Stick
Aftershave: Rub of Thayers Witch Hazel (Rose) and a splash of Royal Copenhagen Musk AS.

My first shave with the Gillette New LC. Really close and smooth. Love it!

f35cf4812b8bea4a73349332759ff7d8.jpg

Confess @Pjotr you have had laser hair removal on your face and all you are really doing is removing lather from whiskerless skin :)

I don't feel that I have to reaffirm my seething masculinity which makes LaPs hirsute puppet (pictured above ) look like a girl, but I will. And I have.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416878405.047752.jpg

Brush: Omega Big Piggie
Soap/Cream: Otoko Organics Shaving Soap
Razor: Gillette Rocket
Blade: Mühle [3]
After-shave: Myrsol Metisol

Otoko, Otoko...We could be so good together! Why does it have to be this way?!?

I seem to have a love-hate relationship with Otoko. I love the scent, the packaging, that it's unusual (not a traditional 'soap'), it's Aussie made, artisan, that it's designed for sensitive skin and the post-shave feel. So much to love!!! But....the lather disappoints me. Oh how sad! [emoji31]

I can get it to lather, but it's just not satisfying for me. It may just be me since @alfredus gets good lather and rates the soap highly (as well as LeisureGuy if you know of him). So Otoko... I think we'll be going our separate ways...

Further thoughts on the Mühle blades are here.

Let me say that the post-shave feel from Otoko Organics is excellent. Very good indeed.

Today, going with the unusual scents I applied the Myrsol Metisol. It's an unusual scent that a lot of people don't like. It reminds me a little of a Chinese medicinal scent (herbaceous).

Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: Weber
Blade: PermaSharp Super (4)
Aftershave: Floid

Brush might be improving or could have been the super lather abilities of the Proraso - re-evaluating my thoughts on parting with the cream now. PSS are 3 shave max for me I have found. This one felt tired - but I was too lazy to change it out. Still a respectable shave - the Weber really is a magnificent daily razor. And the Floid? Icing on the cake….

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416910761.096690.jpg

Soap: Boellis pannama
Razor: Feather asd2
Brush: Emperor 3
Blade: Bolanzo

The shave:

Went 4 passes and as I feel my face some 12 hours later, stubble is only now starting to emerge. Bolanzo's are not bad/not great. The magic in the feather, however is that is so gentle on the skin. Combined with good cream/soap and BBS shaves are a daily occurrence that don't sacrifice healthy skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.