What is your rotation?

bald as

ARKO! dealer & walking ECG
Most guys in this forum have more than one razor or brush or different soaps but do you regularly include more than one of those in your rotation schedule?
Do you have a criteria for a particular razor to make the cut?
Is it a daily rotation or as the mood takes you?
Do you apply the same to brushes and soaps?

Steve

I use my MdC and R41 for the first pass, B&M Latha and my straight for the second pass, then B&M Ferox and the R89 for a third pass. Sometimes I mix it up of course.

I use my MdC and R41 for the first pass, B&M Latha and my straight for the second pass, then B&M Ferox and the R89 for a third pass. Sometimes I mix it up of course.

You have got to be kidding me.

And they laughed at the TM :)

In the face of Nonicks routine on behalf of everybody please accept our apologies.

I have 5 razors:
Wolfman SB
BBS-1
ATT R1 Kronos
Weber PH Bulldog
RazoRock Stealth Slant V1

The RRSS is my travel razor - all the other are in my rotation (although I haven't used the Weber in a while). I never use a razor less than 5 times and then keep on using as long as it excites me. Having said that - at the moment I only want to use the Wolf and the BBS-1...although writing about them, makes me want to use the ATT and Weber again :D :D :D

Brushes I have kept only 2 boars (Omega 49, Semogue 610), 2 synths (Plisson, WD 24/48) and 2 horses (both White hair Vie-Long 50/50 mane/tail, one is 24mm Butterscotch brand new in the box and the 26mm Epsilon I test lathered once).

I have 2 WD badgers, both 24/48, one Silvertip, one High Mountain (currently on the road) - I have a Dark Holler Chief on the Way to me and suspect the WD will be sold/traded etc. pretty soon. If I like the Dark Holler - I might add another badger to the rotation (most likely a Shavemac). But that will be a Christmas present to myself.

I use the 3 natural hair types pretty much at will and the synths only on new products and during travel.

Same goes with soaps: I use B&M, Mike's and Stirling with Haslinger Schafmilch in winter and Otoko and The Beach in summer. I just tried out an Esbjerg cream and I think it will stay. I also have a Weleda cream, that I only use for travels or for making uber lather. I use them all just how I feel.

Blades: Voskhods are my favourites - work well in all my razors, sometimes I use PolSilver SI, when I feel like something really sharp ;)

No standard rotation really.

After a few more SEers have joined and I don't feel so lonely and obscure anymore I'm rotating DE and SE shaving which is about the only routine I have.

I only use one DE razor, the plastic fantastic 7O'Clock and three SE razors, the Featherweight, an MM Bullet Tip and an ER Streamline.

Brushes I use are whatever I feel like. Ditto for soaps subject to the itch to actually finish one.

Chuckles. Some days I do the left side with the R41, the right with the R89 and the top lip and chin with the straight.

No one else does this? Come on, rotation is all about rpm - rotations per morning

My weekly rotation is: There seems to be enough days in the week for the number of shaves from a GEM SS blade :) And enough GEM razors to accommodate that single edged blade.

Feather Weight
G-Bar
Micromatic Bullet tip
Contour 1
Micromatic Clog Pruf
1924 Ever Ready

2 Boar/3 Horse

and a few soaps I have made.

It's fair to say (seriously this time) a rotation adds much of the appeal of wet shaving. I don't have a huge range of stuff (the 3 razors, 1 brush and 3 or 4 soaps) but alternating soaps especially helps me appreciate them. If you walk into a wool shed the smell is powerful, but if you work in one you don't smell it at all. Now see I've used MdC Fougere for the last month straight, travelling and i got so used to the scent I don't hardly smell it. I'm sorry I didn't take at least two soaps for this reason. Changing often keeps it fresh and new. I like samples for this reason. I just got some B&M Fougere Imperiale from the ever generous Borked (thanks mate) and really looking forward to tomorrow mornings shave with it! First break after a month of MdC. Phew

Variety is the spice of life.

Only 3 or 4 soaps? How does that work out, I'm sure I've had samples from 3 or 4 different soaps you've had and have seen you talk about countless others.
I thought you were some kind of (soap) dealer, the amount of samples you seemed to throw around!

Only 3 or 4 soaps? How does that work out, I'm sure I've had samples from 3 or 4 different soaps you've had and have seen you talk about countless others.
I thought you were some kind of (soap) dealer, the amount of samples you seemed to throw around!
My thoughts exactly!
Unless he is the kind of (soap) dealer that knows which ones to avoid and so sell on to others...

I sold/gave away the other 75

It's like a rolling stock of 3 or 4 at a time. Or something

I sold/gave away the other 75

It's like a rolling stock of 3 or 4 at a time. Or something
So you've ended up with the cream of the soaps (so to speak)?
Too bad it only cost you 78-79 soaps to find out the best... :whistle:

I know I think GT did well out of my experimenting, though most were samples. I pretty much settled on a few B&M products and that's it for me (cough cough) bar a little small time dealing on the side from time to time

I pretty much settled on a few B&M products and that's it for me (cough cough) bar a little small time dealing on the side from time to time
Tried any Shaver Heaven soaps? I know this bloke...