SS Adjustable on the cards - Barbaros/Rocnel

There is some talk of the Rockwell Model T (New Kickstarter from Rockwell - model t adjustable) being done in SS but it was considered too hard to pull off. Would be interesting to see if this one can do it.
Yeah I've spoken with Gareth a couple of times and the best we'll do with the model T is different finishings (Nickel/Rhodium/cerakote) if at all. Hasan is talking about sending a prototype around the US (nook) forum. Price will be a killer on this one.

A simple, yet clever design. I wonder how the tension on the blade is maintained. My personal theory is that blade tension is more important than angle for an efficient razor. This increases blade gap but I wonder how both the tension and angle on the blade is affected b

This was one of the most exiting news in the razor world for me - also it seems like it is a 3 piece design, with and exchangeable handle - if it really works, it is going to be a real game changer IMO

Now the real news is, that the first retail batch might be released already in September!

Early September @alfredus ???

WOW - that would beat the Model T out which is not due until March next year (?).

Being in SS if they pull it off it really will be a game changer ...

I came across this in my travels, I'm always on the look out for new and interesting adjustable's of the non-vintage type, being such a large fan of Merkur's Progress. While this is only in the prototype and testing stage, the design and functionality looks very interesting.

It's a machined stainless steel 3 piece adjustable but what makes it interesting is the double twist adjustment that in effect gives you 16 settings over the standard 8.

Barbaros Razors

Together with Rocnel we have been working on a joint project for a long time. Now here we get the result.The world's first and only CNC Machined Stainless Steel Adjustable Razor, Barbaros & Rocnel Adjustable!

IMG_4503.jpg

It's kind of a 3 piece razor with 8 different level (actually you can twist twice and get 16)
131g total

There are more pictures on their site, and more importantly their twitter, facebook contacts for anyone wanting to stay in the loop as this finishes testing and goes to market.

It does look nice

Barbaros Adjustable now available through Bullgoose

B_R-Adjustable-002_large.jpg

$299.97 USD + Postage

I would grab one, but I am set on a chrome/nickel slim toggle and a Timeless (ordering soon) so I am saving my money

I also would be considering it, if not sold by BG!
BTW @todras Slim or Toggle, I might be able to spare an example of each, in a condition suired to a replate... sure we could negotiate something :)

I also would be considering it, if not sold by BG!
BTW @todras Slim or Toggle, I might be able to spare an example of each, in a condition suired to a replate... sure we could negotiate something :)

I would very much like to pursue such negotiations, the condition being suited to re-plate works for me - I'll be in touch :)