Shave of the Day Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMIjmyg.jpg

Filarmónica 14 Doble Temple 15/16 - Zenith Manchurian - Speick Stick & Splash - Sukin Moisturiser

Hmm imgur acts weird sometimes. I see it now tho.
Yes me too in this post...but not in the original post...very strange...

6xjklVj.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Simpson - Special Edition M7 Tortoiseshell - Platinum Synthetic Fibre
Soap:- Le Pere Lucien - Le Savon du Barbier
Razor:- Blackland - Blakbird
Blade:- Astra SP (1)
Aftershave:- Le Pere Lucien - Lotion du Barbier

Have I been duped @Gargravarr
Sorry, I was seeing a different image when I made the post. Some members have mentioned issues with images showing incorrectly, looks like this is another case, albeit a weird one... :unsure: :rolleyes:

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Vintage Yardley
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Thayer's witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Mocha Ismaili, Yemen

Yes, for those who have noticed a discrepancy in the pictures of my cologne bottles, I do indeed have two going at once. :) But the real story is in the coffee. The beans had to be smuggled to the docks under cover of darkness, while there was active gunfire on the wharf. Then sent off on a ship going in the wrong direction before being reloaded on another ship headed towards our shores. I sell a few bags of roasted beans at our local market once a month, but this is one I never, ever let go.

Are you shaving a bar of soapy?
Oh did you find typo Mr. Picky? That post has been up on a number of forums for a few hours now and so far you are the only one small enough to point out the typo, One would think your time would be better spent posting photos of of your own shaves, assuming those shaves really exist.

dETCa0a.gif

Make sure you only use the synthetic brush, otherwise, the stink may ruined your natural hair brush.
You aren't wrong.

I used Batter Up for the first time last night.

Hours later, I could still smell it in the bathroom but couldn't understand why.

Then I opened the cabinet and the leather smell wafted out stronger than ever. The shaving brush I used reeked of it.

I'll use a different soap next so hopefully the stench will leave the knot.

fwfnpBx.png

SPITFIRE SUNDAY 04.09.23
RAZOR: Gillette '40s Brit FTB, RR Titanium HALO Handle
BLADE: Polsilver Super Iridium
BRUSH: Elite Razor Red, White and Blue Manchurian White
LATHER: Phoenix and Beau Spitfire Shaving Soap

Oh did you find typo Mr. Picky? That post has been up on a number of forums for a few hours now and so far you are the only one small enough to point out the typo, One would think your time would be better spent posting photos of of your own shaves, assuming those shaves really exist.

dETCa0a.gif
giphy.gif

dETCa0a.gif
(y)

You aren't wrong.

I used Batter Up for the first time last night.

Hours later, I could still smell it in the bathroom but couldn't understand why.

Then I opened the cabinet and the leather smell wafted out stronger than ever. The shaving brush I used reeked of it.

I'll use a different soap next so hopefully the stench will leave the knot.
The best solution to help reduce the stench from the knot is to use hair shampoo, the shampoo helps remove the fragrance oils from the knot by washing them in warm water twice and giving it a bloody good rinse.

6xjklVj.jpg

Brush:- Simpson - Special Edition M7 Tortoiseshell - Platinum Synthetic Fibre
Razor:- Blackland - Blakbird
Blade:- Astra SP (1)
The Blackbird has not failed to impress. First impression was a very efficient, smooth and sharp shave. Not quite BBS but 2 x WTG=DFS+++ and could have stopped after 1 x WTG with only a small rough patch under jaw at each end. Today I have been admiring the slow regrowth, something I have not noticed for a while, and this achieved with an Astra SP and usually reserved for Feather and other sharper blades.

SOTD – Sun 9 April 2023

SOTD-20230409-setup.png

Shave Result: Catie’s Bubbles has always been a reliable soap for me and produces a lovely rich creamy lather with excellent lather performance and good moisturising post shave feel. Sunrise scent is a bright peppermint lemon aroma with a light greenish background, medium scent strength. Another excellent DFS with the Hawk + Kai Pink combo even on 7th use, I expect these blades can do 10+ shaves.

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Suavecito Brushless Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Yaqi “Rainbow” with 26/56 Synthetic Pony Knot
  • Soap: Catie’s Bubbles - Summer Solstice
  • Bowl: Yaqi “Duke” Black Plastic
  • Razor: RazoRock Hawk V2 AL
  • Blade: Kai Pink Captain Titan Mild (7)
  • Splash: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with Menthol & T.Tree oil
  • Balm: Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream
  • Scented After Shave: Gillette Arctic Ice
  • Moisturiser: Nivea Men Creme (Face-Body-Hands)

This one is for @SpeedyPC because I know he loves my pink brush

FX7LA0M.gif

Brush:- Troycraft - Rhodos 28mm G5C
Razor:- Blackland - Blackbird
Blade:- Astra SP (2)

I figure if any brush in the den is going to be a soap destroyer will be the 28mm Synthetic

Last edited:
SOTD – Sun 9 April 2023

SOTD-20230409-setup.png

Shave Result: Catie’s Bubbles has always been a reliable soap for me and produces a lovely rich creamy lather with excellent lather performance and good moisturising post shave feel. Sunrise scent is a bright peppermint lemon aroma with a light greenish background, medium scent strength. Another excellent DFS with the Hawk + Kai Pink combo even on 7th use, I expect these blades can do 10+ shaves.

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Suavecito Brushless Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Yaqi “Rainbow” with 26/56 Synthetic Pony Knot
  • Soap: Catie’s Bubbles - Summer Solstice
  • Bowl: Yaqi “Duke” Black Plastic
  • Razor: RazoRock Hawk V2 AL
  • Blade: Kai Pink Captain Titan Mild (7)
  • Splash: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with Menthol & T.Tree oil
  • Balm: Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream
  • Scented After Shave: Gillette Arctic Ice
  • Moisturiser: Nivea Men Creme (Face-Body-Hands)
Before I disappeared down the rabbit hole of custom-made brushes, that Rainbow Pony was my favouritest brush. I still love it, but now it spends most of its time in my travel kit. And yes, the Kai PINK should be able to give at least 10 shaves for most. I get 7 for both face and head, and that's a lot of acreage...

Status
Not open for further replies.