Shave of the Day Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
52787765153_74b0ff399c_b.jpg

Martin de Candre // Plisson Plexi 14 HMW // Autelier Durdan La Faulx // DHR Rose AS

His mum was qualified enough to be a queen at the age of 273, so her son is just a sprout. But I'm a little miffed with Charlie. He's going to be hijacking my 60th birthday just to get a silly hat put on his head. He was brought up to have more consideration. 😐
No, no, no, you've got it all wrong. He's chosen this day so he gets to share one of the most auspicious day that will occur in his lifetime. After all, the world only gets to celebrate your 60th once, so he figured it was fitting that his special day should be just as memorable!

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fougere Trois shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 (birth-year) Slim Adjustable (6)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette 'Aussie Spoiler' (2)
Post-shave: APR Fougere Troisaftershave
Fragrance: N/A

Nice to be back to the simple rhythms of life ...

85lIRgml.jpg

2-1.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Vazon Forest" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: D.R. Harris - Windsor
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Thayer's witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid
COTD: Gambella sundried, Ethiopia

2-1.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Vazon Forest" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: D.R. Harris - Windsor
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Thayer's witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid
COTD: Gambella sundried,

Beautiful brush! Always great to see how the light shines through that handle

MACM6Yp.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- NCWoodDesign Bog Oak 26/50 untreated boar
Soap:- Le Pere Lucien - Le Savon du Barbier
Razor:- H&S No.75 mixed metal head on custom NCWoodDesign Bog Oak handle
Blade:- Personna Blue (2)
Aftershave:- Le Pere Lucien - Lotion du Barbier

Finally got to take the Bog Oak set for a spin.
First Boar I have used that does not require breaking in "at all" and has no wet pig smell. Instant "al dente" out of the box and the handle is a good solid fistful.
I tend to forget the H&S base plate is aluminium because the SS cap and handle beef up the weight but on this handle it is a measly 67g but a nice smooth and efficient shave 2 x WTG = DFS++ and a third pass just to use up leftover lather and because I enjoy the glide so much.

EaxbdL6.jpg

MACM6Yp.jpg

First Boar I have used that does not require breaking in "at all" and has no wet pig smell. Instant "al dente" out of the box and the handle is a good solid fistful.
I tend to forget the H&S base plate is aluminium because the SS cap and handle beef up the weight but on this handle it is a measly 67g but a nice smooth and efficient shave 2 x WTG = DFS++ and a third pass just to use up leftover lather and because I enjoy the glide so much.

EaxbdL6.jpg
That's a very classy looking set up 👍

MACM6Yp.jpg

EaxbdL6.jpg

Still got that LPL lurking around ...

Status
Not open for further replies.