Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Warm Water
Brush: Yaqi - Mysterious Space 26mm tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Stirling - Frankincense & Myrrh
Razor: Muhle - Rocca R94
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Post-shave: / Nivea Men - Post Shave Balm

2 pass WTG, XTG = Terrible Shave.:mad: This Gillette platinum blade was already tugging and rough on the WTG pass. Weepers present and not happy.
2 shaves and the blade is dead. The first shave on this particular blade was pretty decent and no issues. I have never had much luck with the platinums lasting any amount of time. They were terrible in the 3one6, and also terrible in this razor. 1 shave wonders. I did use another Platinum blade in the same razor about 1 week ago and on the second shave it was OK. That blade came from the dark blue background white writing european release Gillette Platinums. The blade used in this razor was one of the white background blue writing and Arabic lettering in the top corner.

The Soap, Stirling - Frankincense & Myrh. Scent strength medium to strong off the puck. Scent notes frankincense, myrrh, vanilla, cardamom, and copiaba balsam. A very nice warm, resinous spicy, oriental scent. Off the puck the Frankincense is quite prominent , once lathered up the resinous woody notes myrhh unfold, with spiciness of the cardamom and copiaba balsam, then rounded out with the warmth from the vanilla. Dont let this soap fool you thinking its incense heavy from its initial off the puck scent, the real jewel of this soap shines through once lathering takes place. Great cool weather or evening shave scent. (y)
Yeah for some reason I found the dark blue pack Platinum started off great but quickly went rough so binned after 5 odd shaves. :( So far for me Wizamet, Yellows & Rubies shave best!

Yeah for some reason I found the dark blue pack Platinum started off great but quickly went rough so binned after 5 odd shaves. :( So far for me Wizamet, Yellows & Rubies shave best!

Unbelievable how I go from shaving bliss to shaving brutatility. This was an experience to rival a bad batch of Feathers I picked up previously. The first shave was really nice and no issues. The second shave on that particular blade horrendous from the start. I know the Nacet, Feather, Wizamet, Gillette Stainless, Astra SP, SS all have been fine so far for me. Time try something else.

Last edited:
D03-B7-F5-F-017-A-40-C6-BE49-8-BAAE1630-B7-F.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6S (R6)
Blade: 7OC yellow (SharpEdge) (1st use)
Brush: Kent 24mm pure badger
Soap: B&M Seville
Splash: TND (w/ lavender and glycerin)
Fragrance: Trufitt & Hill 1805

sotd1.png

Pre-shave: Hot water
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Hamami
Razor: Razorock GC-JAWS
Blade: Gillette 7O'Clock SharpEdge Yellow
Post-shave: Shower, TND Witch Hazel, Nivea Balm, Neutrogena Hydro Boost SPF50 sunblock

A return to an old friend, the JAWS. Still a magic partnership with the Yellow. Sadly, my fear that the Hamami will not last the summer is well founded. I can now see the bottom of the tub. :cry:

sotd1.png

Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Hamami
Razor: Razorock GC-JAWS
Post-shave: Shower, TND Witch Hazel, Nivea Balm, Neutrogena Hydro Boost SPF50 sunblock

A return to an old friend, the JAWS. Still a magic partnership with the Yellow. Sadly, my fear that the Hamami will not last the summer is well founded. I can now see the bottom of the tub. :cry:
Noble Otter Hamami is for Spring and Autumn Season

IMG-20201227-175103.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes BetaHive Cu 28mm fan SHD badger
Head: Leaf Razor
Razor: Rocca V4 R94
Blade: Euromax (2)
Pre: Shower
Soap: A&E Frozen Mojitos
Post: AP Reserve Escentials Restoration Serum // A&E Frozen Mojitos A/S splash
WTG, XTG, ATG = DFS

Second shave with the Euromax + Rocca and it was far from smooth but still close enough not to cause irritation or blood letting. Still working the badger knot in as its got that natural scent but starting to take in some shape. I'm really loving the shape and feel from the brush but it's starting to show signs of slow tarnishing so I imagine it'll be a pain to keep polished...?
Finished off with a head shave and serum + splash leaving both face and head refreshed!
Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Second shave with the Euromax + Rocca and it was far from smooth but still close enough not to cause irritation or blood letting....

...I'm really loving the shape and feel from the brush but it's starting to show signs of slow tarnishing so I imagine it'll be a pain to keep polished...?
I struggled to get a really close shave with the Euromaxen. I think I might be in a minority.

A dab of Brasso (from Woolies) on a soft cloth will leave your beehive as shite and briny as new in no time...

I struggled to get a really close shave with the Euromaxen. I think I might be in a minority.

A dab of Brasso (from Woolies) on a soft cloth will leave your beehive as shite and briny as new in no time...
Euromax blades pair well with the Rockwell 6S and Game Changer .84P - both razors that I passed on :(

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson '46' shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Empire shaving soap
Razor: Muhle ROCCA Razor – R95 Stainless Steel Safety Razor – Birch Bark
Blade: Polsilver "Brown" blade (4)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Empire splash
Fragrance: N/A

Sorry, no pic

Now a pic -

rIIt1cul.jpg

Last edited:
s11.png

Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Rawr
Razor: Mühle R95 birch-bark Rocca

With this blade and razor, I reckon it's impossible to get a bad shave...

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson '46' shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Empire shaving soap
Razor: Muhle ROCCA Razor – R95 Stainless Steel Safety Razor – Birch Bark
Blade: Polsilver "Brown" blade (4)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Empire splash
Fragrance: N/A

Sorry, no pic
Ef0OT7a.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.