Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Astra Green
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Fine Platinum
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

Well, its been one hell of a day. Placed my younger brother in hospice, palliative care. The with all lithe emotions and drama mum falls over and broke her pelvis. What is a bloke supposed to do! Once everything sorted, I say have a Fine relaxing shave, and it was Ready for round two. :unsure:

Thats gotta suck mate! :cry: Thinking of you and yours during this difficult time and wishing your mum a speedy recover. (y)

kf5t2d0.jpg

Wednesday‌ ‌08.05.20 ‌SOTD‌
Gillette ‘66 L4 Flare-Tip Super-Speed Set (last year/quarter)
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (India)
Yaqi‌ ‌Barber‌ ‌Pole‌ ‌24mm‌ ‌2-Band‌ ‌Badger‌‌
Arko Shaving Soap puck
Taylor‌ ‌of‌ ‌Old‌ ‌Bond‌ ‌Street‌ ‌Bay‌ ‌Rum‌ ‌Aftershave‌
mPZqnDR.jpg

...once everything sorted, I say have a Fine relaxing shave, and it was Ready for round two. :unsure:
Bummer of a day mate, sorry to hear that. Your treatment seems on the mark.

I was ruminating here a few days ago on the practice of shaving later in the day, saying I would rather skip a day. Looks like I might well be wrong. Shaving is probably as close to meditation as many of us get.

I was ruminating here a few days ago on the practice of shaving later in the day, saying I would rather skip a day. Looks like I might well be wrong. Shaving is probably as close to meditation as many of us get.
I nearly always shave in the late afternoon, mostly because I cycle/swim/walk/garden during the day (retired) and like to freshen up afterwards. Certainly an unrushed period that allows full concentration, and maybe closer to meditation than most realise. A hot shower, a shave, and 45 minutes of yoga/stretching and I'm as relaxed as I'll ever get. An hour or two of AFL viewing can unwind that pretty quickly though... :)

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- TF Customs - Mallee Burl & Resin Hybrid
Soap:- PAA ClubGuy
Razor: FatIp iL Piccolo Special Edition Open Comb
Blade:- Astra SP (3)
Aftershave:- PAA ClubGuy
2B9CBzW.jpg

I enjoy looking at this brush and photographing nearly as much as using it!

My prayers are with you and your loved ones @Nico

Last edited:
Razor: GC JAWS
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Yaqi 2-Band Badger
Soap: A&E Monte Carlo

been 4-5 days since my last shave and thought the OC was the best way through that mess, what a tool for the job!! And finished of with nice splash of amici.. def enjoying the RR splashes

50191597321_0f44715a63_b.jpg

Well, its been one hell of a day. Placed my younger brother in hospice, palliative care. The with all lithe emotions and drama mum falls over and broke her pelvis. What is a bloke supposed to do! Once everything sorted, I say have a Fine relaxing shave, and it was Ready for round two. :unsure:

sorry to hear mate :(

So sorry to hear what you're going through.

Razor
: GC JAWS...
No better choice, no matter much/little growth you have. I am now (gloriously) down to just this one and the same razor, having given away or sold all of the others. I'm just loving the minimalism of it, and there are nuances with different blades.

I'd be happy to make an exception if the opportunity comes my way to try a Blackland Vector, even for a couple of weeks, since those damn things are just so lovely to look at, but not the kind of thing anyone's likely to let go of...

No better choice, no matter much/little growth you have. I am now (gloriously) down to just this one and the same razor, having given away or sold all of the others. I'm just loving the minimalism of it, and there are nuances with different blades.

I'd be happy to make an exception if the opportunity comes my way to try a Blackland Vector, even for a couple of weeks, since those damn things are just so lovely to look at, but not the kind of thing anyone's likely to let go of...

good to hear your loving your jaws, a smooth efficient shaver.. i think you will find your quest razors will never die, forums make sure of this :)

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson H2 boar Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' (7)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (2)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire balm
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

Serious cool this morning, warming up with the wonderful Spitfire - chocks away and into battle

btUpZCcl.jpg

bBvDmn1l.jpg

Thinking of you @Nico .

Love my Vector.

Brush: TF Customs Malle Burl Chameleon-Holographic Hybrid 30mm Rhodium
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo Mild Plate
Blade: Bic Chrome (3)
Soap: Mikes natural Soap Bay Rum
Bowl: Mrs @Nico shave bowl (y)
Pre: Shower + PAA Cube mentholated
ATG, XTG, WTG = BBS

Silly me, I was in such a rush that I didn't save a pic which sucks as this mornings pre-work shave was near perfection!!!
Having trialed the Apollo Light I was somewhat hesitant buying the Apollo with flip-able plate as I perceived something a kin the Rockwell 6S but man was I surprised as the head performed as nimble as the Apollo Light with perfect weight and balance when paired with the long handle. I started off with what I had assumed was the Aggressive side and found a good match with the Bic as the shave was smooth during each pass with optimal amount of blade feel. I subsequently rechecked and noticed it was actually the Milder side so I'm looking forward to comparing the difference as I preferred the Aggressive plate on the Apollo Light...? Its too early to say but I think I may have found my RAD killer as this razor ticks all the right boxes for me... :love::love::love:
Not much more I can add as the Rhodium continues to impress and I can't stop admiring the perfection from this brush. You know its a winner when the misses admires the sparkle and changing colours from the chameleon. (y) Soap whipped up a lovely slick lather and finished off with my favourite balm and bay Rum splash... Happy shaves!!!

Last edited:
Pre-shave: PAA Mentholated Prickly Pear ATG Pre-Shave Soap
Brush: Omega 10083
Soap/Cream: PAA Crown King Porthos
Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (3)
Post-shave: Alum block, Witch hazel, Bulldog original aftershave balm, B&M Reserve Spice
Hair Tonic: Eau de Portugal

Status
Not open for further replies.