Current SOTD location - kit remains unchanged

3ACJUvYl.jpg

WGf0SY6.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: B&R Adjustable (2)
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7 Turquoise
Lather: Mike's Lime
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Fantastic first shave with the B&R adjustable and some stellar Mike's Water lather.

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday (y)

WGf0SY6.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: B&R Adjustable (2)
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7 Turquoise
Lather: Mike's Lime
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Fantastic first shave with the B&R adjustable and some stellar Mike's Water lather.

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday (y)

hey @alfredus, excuse my ignorance but how do you use the olive oil? just rub on as is? i never heard of this and have access to organic Olive oil the father in law makes himself

Pre: hot shower
Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Cream: TOBS Avocado tube
Razor: Rockwell 6S (2)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)

As mentioned i would yesterday, the CB was put in a spare tub to become a mish mash of all leftover soap scraps. Today was the start of using up this 'to me', very very shitty cream. First, the scent is not avocado, it is cucumber (those disgusting things my dad used to grow by the thousands, and cut up with only malt vinegar and salt/pepper. Next, so much product is needed to get a basic lather happening. Its light in texture, density and protection. Ended up with a cut on my chin that kept pissing blood and turning the lather pinker and pinker. Will try bowl lathering it tomorrow, and if after 3 strikes its still sub-par, it's out!

I would highly recommend the TOBS creams from the tubs, as they have more 'thickness and protection', but this particular tube is horrible in my experience.

hey @alfredus, excuse my ignorance but how do you use the olive oil? just rub on as is? i never heard of this and have access to organic Olive oil the father in law makes himself
Well if you bring a bottle or two over for the next Adelaide meet-up on the 10.Feb, I might be able to reveal this secret :D

Jokes aside, after I am completely finished with everything else in my shave, I add a couple of drops into the palm of one hand, wet my other hand with a bit of water and then rub the two hands together to create an emulsion and massage this into my skin.

You might want to try this with other oils and fats as well, as there are many skin types and they all like different ones...

From the top of my head: Macadamia Oil, Argan Oil, Almond Oil, (Whipped) Shea Butter, Emu Fat, and I am sure many many more

I can’t thank Dan, @todras enough. Having recently ran out of Santal soap Dan reached out and very kindly sent me some Santals base to put in my own soap, unbelievable really, what a gesture. Such a gorgeous scent. So this morning I set about making a new batch of soap, enough for two tubs.
My soap is a tallow effort and has the usual suspects in it, 1% discounted with quite a high additional superfat of 10%. This is made up of oils my skin appears to love. Argan, Jojoba and Prickly Pear.
The aftershave is half a bottle of Santal which I added a couple of drops of Kampuchea Noir oud about 6 months ago. This is quite frankly ridiculous.

No a problem me old, glad you are liking it :)

Shower
Merkur 1904
Personna Lab blue - 2
Derby Menthol cream
P&C Platypus 26mm fan
Re-lather and cold rinse

A nice 3 pass DFS. Would prefer more efficiency but less risk for my skin. This cream has a small window of retaining enough water before it breaks down but other than that is fine, if one uses enough product...

January SOTD with Squadron Soap
IMAG0370.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Karve (D plate) + WCS brass handle
Blade: Perma Sharp (5)
Soap: Squadron's Group Captain's Blend

The last shave for the month with my favourite Squadron Soap combination. It's been a fabolous month and I can't speak highly enough for the Squadron scent profiles, performance and post shave goodness... Looking forward to February's shaves but sorry NO ARKO! Happy shaves :pompous:

Pre: hot shower
Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Cream: TOBS Avocado tube
Razor: Rockwell 6S (2)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)

As mentioned i would yesterday, the CB was put in a spare tub to become a mish mash of all leftover soap scraps. Today was the start of using up this 'to me', very very shitty cream. First, the scent is not avocado, it is cucumber (those disgusting things my dad used to grow by the thousands, and cut up with only malt vinegar and salt/pepper. Next, so much product is needed to get a basic lather happening. Its light in texture, density and protection. Ended up with a cut on my chin that kept pissing blood and turning the lather pinker and pinker. Will try bowl lathering it tomorrow, and if after 3 strikes its still sub-par, it's out!

I would highly recommend the TOBS creams from the tubs, as they have more 'thickness and protection', but this particular tube is horrible in my experience.
If and when I use cream I now take a sizeable amount (e.g. a lot) and rub it straight on to my face (like you would do with a balm etc). Then I grab my brush and just gave lather. I find this a lot easier than trying to either get the cream in to the brush or bowl lather and I also find that I get a significantly better lather.

If and when I use cream I now take a sizeable amount (e.g. a lot) and rub it straight on to my face (like you would do with a balm etc). Then I grab my brush and just gave lather. I find this a lot easier than trying to either get the cream in to the brush or bowl lather and I also find that I get a significantly better lather.
This is exactly how I did it too! Maybe more cream needed though

This is exactly how I did it too! Maybe more cream needed though
N6Dp7K2.jpg

Pre: Hot towel, Crew oil
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Red lead

Status
Not open for further replies.