Shave of the Day - 2024

goB1b3s.jpg

Filarmónica 14 Doble Temple 15/16 Hollow - Semogue 820 - Shannon's Barbershop - Razorock Signature Wax

PXL-20240523-224533449-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: TroyCraft "Nebulish" 30mm silvertip
Soap: Castle Forbes Cedarwood and Sandalwood
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

The taming of the badger continues. Tomorrow I may try it with something a little harder, it's about time it grew up.

PXL-20240524-211328779-PORTRAIT.jpg

Soap: Martin de Candre Original
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne

This big badger, while luxuriously soft, is still being a bit parsimonious about hogging my lather. Fortunately, it's no match for MdC. That stuff lathers up if you so much as look at it... :smug:

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Omega 11047 "Mixed Midget" (Badger/Boar) 20/43mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Dr. Selby Lavender
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Minora Stainless #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss Intense

Dr. Selby Lavender isn't too bad, however, no whereas close to natural pure Lavender. Not sure that I might keep this in my den, need to use it for a while before I might sell it.

PXL-20240525-214717005-PORTRAIT.jpg

Soap: Noble Otter - Two Kings

PXL-20240525-214717005-PORTRAIT.jpg

Soap: Noble Otter - Two Kings

I had problems with GEMs in the past but I think I'm going to give Vestige a chance 🤟 :)

I had problems with GEMs in the past but I think I'm going to give Vestige a chance 🤟 :)
I was wondering if you might take the plunge and complete your collection of Atelier Durdan razors ;)

I've been finding the more I use the GEM blades, the more I like them. The Vestige has probably become my go-to razor. The ++ plate is ideal for me, I don't think I needed to spend the extra on the +++ plate.