Shave of the Day - 2024

21 April (Shorty Sunday)
T.R. Cadman & Sons 6/8 post-1924 modified to a shorty, dressed in original scales and finished/maintained on diamond pasted balsa. A pleasure to shave with as always.
kzFt7IK.jpg

SOTD – Sun 21Apr2024

SOTD-20240421-setup.png

Shave Report:
HCC is a top soap base IMO. From the lather I get an awesome blast of Citrus, grapefruit, orange and lemon notes, a real Citrus Bomb, scent strength 6/10. Wonderful DFS from the Twig with the My-Blades Silver, much smoother than the 1st shave with the blade earlier in the week, it behaves a lot like a Feather blade for me: roughish and sharp on the 1st shave and then sharp but smoother on subsequent shaves, maybe a candidate for corking on the first shave.

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Proraso Refreshing (Green) Crema Pre Barba
  • Brush: Dscosmetic “9Sky” with 24/54 APShave Fan Cashmere
  • Soap: Hendrix Classics & Co - Citrus Bomb
  • Bowl: Noodle Bowl with non-slip sticker
  • Razor: Twig by Leaf Shaving
  • Blade: My-Blades Silver SS (2)
  • Astringent: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with T.Tree oil & Menthol Crystals
  • Balm: Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Facial Balm
  • After Shave: Turkish Lemon EDC
  • Moisturiser (Later): Nivea Men - Anti-Irritation AS Lotion

Bddrq2V.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: D.R. Harris H3 Best Badger
Cream: Geo. F. Trumper Spanish Leather
Razor: Merkur Mergress XL (2.5)
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (4)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Vintage Cussons Imperial Leather Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Geo. F. Trumper Spanish Leather EdC

22 - 28 April
The stress of having to decide which straight razor to shave with each morning was getting to be too much for me. To take a break from this stress, this week I have decided to shave with a matching seven-day set.
WfokbUA.jpg
3udex90.jpg

The blades are of a custom made Japanese stainless steel, ground and finished in Taiwan. The scales are of African black wood timber. Engraving by hand was performed by an old Chinaman and the case was custom made in mahogany. All seven matching razors are finished and maintained on diamond pasted balsa.

Every gentleman of (even modest) means should have at least one matching seven-day set of razors.

PXL-20240421-204206408-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: TroyCraft "Polar Nocturne" 28mm AP Titanium
Soap: Yardley
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Ismaili Selection, Yemen

Think I'll stay with the Yardley theme for a few days...

22 - 28 April
The stress of having to decide which straight razor to shave with each morning was getting to be too much for me. To take a break from this stress, this week I have decided to shave with a matching seven-day set.
WfokbUA.jpg
3udex90.jpg

The blades are of a custom made Japanese stainless steel, ground and finished in Taiwan. The scales are of African black wood timber. Engraving by hand was performed by an old Chinaman and the case was custom made in mahogany. All seven matching razors are finished and maintained on diamond pasted balsa.

Every gentleman of (even modest) means should have at least one matching seven-day set of razors.
@rbscebu An impressive 7 lifetimes there, now to PIF your other 30-40? :LOL: Yes it's a horrible "BUG" that seems to affect ALL Forum Members to varying degrees!! Reminds me of my Excel spreadsheet pre-retirement planning, aptly named "When is Enough Enough" Guess most of us will never know :unsure:

PXL-20240406-213449060-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: TroyCraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Yardley
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige, +++ plate
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Ismaili Selection, Yemen

I was beginning to wonder if the +++ plate was just too much for me, and I need not have bothered paying the extra €167, but in combination with a blade that has a bit of mileage on it, it's glorious.