ETHOS Shave MD // Wald A1 The Calyx // La Faulx + Copper // Shave MD Splash

53591818887_2ba322cb3c_b.jpg

PXL-20240317-210608091-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: TroyCraft "Vazon Forest" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige, +++ plate
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Ismaili selection, Yemen

tumdior.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Zenith 506 Mare SE Boar
Soap: Noble Otter Orbit
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: NOS Gillette Nacet (Made in France) (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Myrsol Blue Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Royal Copenhagen Musk EdC

Today wasnt only shave of the day, it was the shave of all time.
These Wizamets are amazing, this was 5 days of growth and the 3rd shave with this blade, it felt like i was running my finger across my face.
Im truly amazed with these blades, i will defintely be stocking up

efBdTER.jpg

PXL-20240305-195353586-PORTRAIT.jpg

I have been havering for so long over the WR4, telling myself that I didn't want another heavy blade-forward pickaxe AC razor. So when @Errol so generously offered me the opportunity to try his piece of polished perfection, I would have been an utterly churlish fool to refuse. My first impression - no, I'll backtrack: I had a worrisome moment finding the baseplate in that nifty black leather pouch, the components of the head were that slim. But find it I did, and when I put it all together, I was amazed at how light it is.

Imagine this: my Vector (which I used to think of as the essence of slimmed-down minimalism) weighs in on my kitchen scale at 78g. This WR4 weighs only 63g. I assume the WRH3 handle is hollow, but I struggle to see quite how they did that, given that the threaded hole for the post is only ~15mm deep. I can't see any evidence of a seam for a plug. Some clever workmanship going on there. The whole assembly is perfectly balanced. The finish is a flawless mirror-finish, which is not usually my thing, but I understand the attraction, given how well it's done here. It shows every fingerprint if I'm not careful. I've always been a bit doubtful about the Wolfman scalloped SB (never having used one), but I've always assumed that unless I've tried it, I wouldn't understand. I still don't, bit whatever. :D

There's one word to describe how it shaves: magnificent. Less aggressive than my Vector, but perhaps more efficient. If I were looking for niggles, I might say they could have made the lather channels a bit more generous, but that's all. Lovely, I'm impressed. Thanks @Errol (y) :)

Today was also my first day exploring @Phil Harmonica's pass-around package. First up today was Tabac. Performance is pretty much up there with the best of the milled soaps. But the scent? Ladies' handbags are fine, just not on steroids. :yuck:

The horror...
The horror...

Now I know. :ROFLMAO:
Do not give up. Tabac performance wise is the top notch. Smells funny but the longer I use it the more I like it.

PXL-20240102-214551820-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: TroyCraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Castle Forbes Cedarwood and Sandalwood
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Ismaili selection, Yemen

I've been sort of neglecting the Vector lately, but it's as good as ever...

f4LBMhs.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: H.L. Thäter 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Ariana & Evans Grecian Horse
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum(1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Ariana & Evans Grecian Horse Aftershave Lotion, Vintage Kouros Balm
Scent: YSL Kouros EdT

A very sharp but smooth blade, and the Vintage Kouros balm was sublime.