Recommendations: Bay Rum soaps

stillshunter

a man of resolve, a man of conviction
State Convenor - ACT
Group Buy Associate
2015 Sabbatical Fail
I know it’s a seasonal thing but I just can’t get enough of bay rum ATM. Alternating through some MdC flavours I have here but they just aren’t doing it for me. Think I need to buy me a new soap or 8 to marry with my after shaves and lotions.

What bay rum soaps do folks love…that are available onshore? Back when I was deep into this, hunting unobtainuum was a thrill, now I just want to click and collect.

I was going to default to the old Oglalla Bay but am sure the shaving world has evolved from there. And a struggle tracking down my old girl Anne Bonny 🤤 otherwise the Phoenix Clasico Bay Rum (CK-6) sounds ummm..well ok. Oh I don’t know….

Please help brains trust.

Hard to beat a classic Ogallala but Stirling gets rave reviews from @Mark1966 and many others locally available from Artisan Arcade
The other one that gets rave reviews is P&B Imperial Bay Rum available from Beard & Blade

Yep - what he said!

Get those two and you should be set for a while. They are classics

Hard to get by since James is an artisan that doesn't mass produce, and I haven't seen any new stuff from him for a good couple of years now, but I have a OSP Bay Rum puck somewhere that is very very excellent. Hard tallow soap, glorious lather, a smell I prefer to the only other Bay Rum I used to have, the quite old, white tub, B&M.

Stirling Bay Rum:

Sweet, spicy/clovey and pleasantly rich scent. Couldn’t help cutting into the parcel immediately on getting back into my car from the post office collection. Spicy clove aroma filled the car from the bar of bath soap and tub of shave soap my nose was in.

I gave a quick blast of the EDP and the intensity was way too much for an enclosed car. Had to wind down windows but really enjoyed the strong clovey punch.

Bath soap is a good size 5+oz bar of hard soap with lathers up a treat and fills the bathroom with fragrance.

The shave soap was a joy and good reminder of how beautiful, slick and easy to lather Stirling is.

Highly recommended

Stirling Bay Rum:

Sweet, spicy/clovey and pleasantly rich scent. Couldn’t help cutting into the parcel immediately on getting back into my car from the post office collection. Spicy clove aroma filled the car from the bar of bath soap and tub of shave soap my nose was in.

I gave a quick blast of the EDP and the intensity was way too much for an enclosed car. Had to wind down windows but really enjoyed the strong clovey punch.

Bath soap is a good size 5+oz bar of hard soap with lathers up a treat and fills the bathroom with fragrance.

The shave soap was a joy and good reminder of how beautiful, slick and easy to lather Stirling is.

Highly recommended
Thanks for your order @Ozymandias and glad you like Stirling Bay Rum. :D